LCA Inner sleeves

-

1967formulaS

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have an Energy Suspension Front and rear suspension Bush kit and a set of new LCA pins.
I pressed out my old pins today and all was going well. I lubed my new bushes up and pressed them in, still going to plan.
Then I went to press the pin in, however they just slid in by hand... hmmm ok, so I read the instruction sheet and it does say that I need to reuse the Inner sleeve. This is a problem because one of my old LCA pins has a repair and not usable.
I do some searching and cant find these Inner sleeves anywhere. I can buy a new set of LCA original style bushes MOOG-K791 and Press out the sleeves, however this seems like a waste of time and might as well just use them instead of the Energy suspension Bushes... If anyone knows if these inner sleeves are available separately, fell free to let me know.
I':banghead:m in Australia, so this is really frustrating and put me back at least 2 weeks...

I don't know how rare Mopar bodies are down there but here I would remove a old lower control arm from a parts car and set the bushing on fire till the pin fell out with the sleeve you need still pressed on. Clean it up and move on. It would probably take less time to buy a new bushing and use it for the part you need.

One more thing, I quit using urethane lower control arm bushings after trying the energy suspension part like you have. I didn't like the way they are greased and can slide rearward
Without loosening the capture nut. You have to be sure the torsion bar is seated all the way forward in the control arm socket before any tension is adjusted into the bar. Had the lower arm walk back on my car till arm hit on the k-frame and bound metal to metal.
Honestly I would only use Moog parts on such a you have to tear it all the way down to get to it type bushing.
And they can't slip to the rear being pressed in.

Going to a parts yard for a lower arm is a heck of a lot easier said than done.
I would go to a parts store, buy Moog OEM type rubber bushings and install them.
Leftover hard plastic bushings might come in handy for something else someday.

A lot of people find those poly LCA bushings a strange design, since it doesn't secure the LCA axially. I am not sure what problem with the original design they are trying to address. I think the claim is stiffer and less play than factory bushings, but they seem more wiggly and squirrelly. Only advantage seems they might last longer than rubber, but not even that is assured since the metal cups slide on them.

One more thing, I quit using urethane lower control arm bushings after trying the energy suspension part like you have. I didn't like the way they are greased and can slide rearward
Without loosening the capture nut. You have to be sure the torsion bar is seated all the way forward in the control arm socket before any tension is adjusted into the bar. Had the lower arm walk back on my car till arm hit on the k-frame and bound metal to metal.
Honestly I would only use Moog parts on such a you have to tear it all the way down to get to it type bushing.
And they can't slip to the rear being pressed in.

I agree 100%. I have these POS in my Dart that I will soon replace with Moog.

-
Back