LCA pivot shaft and adjustable strut rod issues

-
Since there were so few initial responses to this thread,I kinda forgot about it,and went about my business,thinking I was the only one with this issue.Unfortunatly,there is at least another member with issues as well.The strut rod issues were fairly easily resolved,with a burr grinder,heck I couldn't even get the new LCA attachment bolts through the mounting hole,without burring.Here again,production tolerances were never the greatest.The new LCA pivot shafts,well that's a different can of worms.To James at PST,I'm pretty certain that you are the person I talked to on the phone when I called to discuss this issue,or non issue,as you put it.You also told me that too much time had elapsed,since my purchase,not sure why it makes a difference who's shelf they're sitting on.I appreciate the fact that these parts are being machined here in the USA,but what country of origin are the blanks coming from?Fortunatly I had a good factory pivot shaft,to replace the damaged unit,and used a factory jam nut on the other side,with the new shaft,without issue.Front end all back together and all is good,but it was a setback,in respect to time,and money spent.

You can add me to the list of guys with these greasable shafts sitting unused in my junk box. Mine didn't fit all the way in to the K-Frame either, because they are machined too large to fit in the holes. Since the shafts are tapered, they stopped about 1/8" short of going all the way forward in to the K-frame. Reefing the hell out of the nuts didn't help either. Put the stock shafts back in with stock bushings and never looked back.
I emailed James at PST right away to describe the problem, but it just seemed to puzzle him. He asked me if I had heard from "Dan" in the Customer service department and I replied that I hadn't. That's where the email conversation just died.
That was 6 months ago. I just picked up another V8 K Frame last month so for the heck of it I dug out these shafts to try them in this different K-Frame, with the exact same results. I emailed him a couple of days ago but haven't heard anything. I don't envision anymore PST purchases in my future. I will redirect my buckets of cash elsewhere.

Since there were so few initial responses to this thread,I kinda forgot about it,and went about my business,thinking I was the only one with this issue.Unfortunatly,there is at least another member with issues as well.The strut rod issues were fairly easily resolved,with a burr grinder,heck I couldn't even get the new LCA attachment bolts through the mounting hole,without burring.Here again,production tolerances were never the greatest.The new LCA pivot shafts,well that's a different can of worms.To James at PST,I'm pretty certain that you are the person I talked to on the phone when I called to discuss this issue,or non issue,as you put it.You also told me that too much time had elapsed,since my purchase,not sure why it makes a difference who's shelf they're sitting on.I appreciate the fact that these parts are being machined here in the USA,but what country of origin are the blanks coming from?Fortunatly I had a good factory pivot shaft,to replace the damaged unit,and used a factory jam nut on the other side,with the new shaft,without issue.Front end all back together and all is good,but it was a setback,in respect to time,and money spent.

You can add me to the list of guys with these greasable shafts sitting unused in my junk box. Mine didn't fit all the way in to the K-Frame either, because they are machined too large to fit in the holes. Since the shafts are tapered, they stopped about 1/8" short of going all the way forward in to the K-frame. Reefing the hell out of the nuts didn't help either. Put the stock shafts back in with stock bushings and never looked back.
I emailed James at PST right away to describe the problem, but it just seemed to puzzle him. He asked me if I had heard from "Dan" in the Customer service department and I replied that I hadn't. That's where the email conversation just died.
That was 6 months ago. I just picked up another V8 K Frame last month so for the heck of it I dug out these shafts to try them in this different K-Frame, with the exact same results. I emailed him a couple of days ago but haven't heard anything. I don't envision anymore PST purchases in my future. I will redirect my buckets of cash elsewhere.

Hello Biggen, I am sorry but I do not remember speaking with you directly. I normally only talk to customers through either the forum or email or if they call my direct extension. If you were to call in to our 800 number you are normally directed to our customer service where you would have either spoke to Dan, Nick, or Matt. Our policy for our parts is that we warranty the parts for as long as you own the car. So if you have a problem with the parts we will work with you even years later from the time of purchase. So I am puzzled by your statement. The only time sensitive part of PST Policy is the time that you have to return the product for refund which is 30 days. After that point you would be eligible for either exchange or house credits. So please contact me either PM or email ([email protected]) and I will pull you paperwork and see what I can do on my end.

Dusterdenovo,

I went back through my emails and I believe that I found our correspondence. Our last one was on the 19th of June and it looks as though I was passing the issue along to Dan in our customer service because I was in and out of the office at that point because of my wife having given birth to our daughter. So the drop in communication was my fault. Regardless send me your details. I would like to send you a call tag for the shaft so that I can inspect them myself.

Thanks
James

Hi James:

My last email to you was last Friday, Jan 9. I have resent it if it didn't show up the first time. I'll wait to hear from you. Thanks, Larry

Hi Larry,

I didn't get the one on the 9th, but I got one you resent last night. I sent you a response.

Thanks
James

-
Back