LCA Removal Help

-

salinasjoel

Learning Daily
Reaction score
First time removing LCA's and having a bit of trouble. I followed everything in the service manual and have double checked everything. I have nothing holding the LCA's on the K Member other then the pin from the k member that goes into the control arm bushing. I have put a pry bar to the control arm and put everything I had and it did not budge. I had a friend go from under the car with a second pry bar and we both put what we had on it and it did not budge. Everything pivots on the pin fine I just can't get it to slide back and come off. Any help is appreciated.

Weird... just replaced mine and they pretty much fell out.

Obvious question, but you did take the nut off the pin?

I gave up using T bar pullers, mostly because I have headers. When I junked a 75 Val recently, I did it same way........

Pull LCA pivot nuts off, pull the nut off the strut rod at the LCA, and pull the T bar clips.

Then just get a nice big crowbar and hammer, and force the LCA to the rear. T bar will come with

you have to remove the strut rods completely, take them out of the car. Then the LCA should come right out.

So I need to remove the LCA with the pin attached? The service manual tells me to leave the pin and slide it off.
There is nothing attached to the Control Arm anymore. Strut rods are gone torsion bar removed, zero suspension attached simply a floating control arm I can't get to budge.

the bushing is a press fit to arm and pin. If the pin is stuck in the K member, That's a good sign that those holes in the K aren't damaged.
Pull the nut back on the pin if needed to prevent thread damage and hit that end with a heavy shop hammer.

-
Back