Leaf spring advise

-

bballfan1

Reaction score
71 duster. I put oem springs on in stock location. My tires are too tall and only about 3/8 inch clearance with rear quarter panel.
Question I have Mancini springs that make the car sit about 3" higher than I would like. Can I remove leaf's to make it lower? Can the springs be de-arched?

Yes and yes. Though you could use a lowering block also sold through Mancini racing. There are various thicknesses. I used a 2 inch block on B body S/S springs which brought it back to a stock ride height.

Pic

62B91314-4FB9-48D7-B0C1-7C7AD43BB9B0.jpeg

If you like the current height, it looks by the picture that you could center the tire in the wheel well by moving the axle forward. Adjusting the location hole on the spring perches will achieve this and is fairly easy to do. Make sure you check the driveshaft as it may need shortened.

i'd probably have the springs de arched or go with an adjustable front spring hanger.

if you're at 3" too tall something like this: Leaf Spring Front Hanger Kit will bring you back down 1.5" and then you can dial it in with a short .5~1" block

-
Back