Leaf Springs

-
What exactly is your car doing that your not happy with ?
I watched your video, and there was nothing I could see wrong.
Actually there was hardly any movement at all, and it looked like you took off straight.

Go to local chassis builder, buy some thick tubing, drill hole in subframe, move the top of shackle mount point.
Try that, and still find out why your suspension is too stiff. If the tires hook, the chassis should rise in the rear,transfer power, and put rise on front end.

Have him keep the plans for the spacers he makes for you. If they turn out right I may be interested in a set.

will do

What exactly is your car doing that your not happy with ?
I watched your video, and there was nothing I could see wrong.
Actually there was hardly any movement at all, and it looked like you took off straight.

the shackle angle is vertical... as the pic wild posted shows is that the suspension can unload on launch... i don't like to just leave thing wrong alone... rather fix it and be done with it....

Go to local chassis builder, buy some thick tubing, drill hole in subframe, move the top of shackle mount point.
Try that, and still find out why your suspension is too stiff. If the tires hook, the chassis should rise in the rear,transfer power, and put rise on front end.

no inboard spring kit... and i would have to bolt/weld an extention onto the original box that the upper mount goes to and then weld the tubing to that...

also the suspension shouldn't be to stiff now with the SS springs under it...

What was your tire pressure again?

Street Tires 30 psi

well actually SS the A-990 cars or 2% cars did exactly that... they took an A body spring (20" front segment) and put it on the b body cars (22" front segment)

but for what were doing i agree not much difference

That's right, they did. BUT, they also used the 2" longer front hanger to get the rear shackle mount angle right. that's why Mopar performance stills them and if you read the foot notes in the SS spring section, you'll see that the longer hangers are required on B bodies....and they are also needed on some A bodies as well.

That's good. That would most likely be the most correct way to do it. Good idea.

any progress..?

springs are in SS/SL6 bars

shocks were to short so new CE's all the way around will be here monday...

friend is picking up stock for spacers monday...

probably wont have the cash to go to the track this next week but will see...

well I got to the track 75-80 dragway/maryland
7 TnT runs
best speed 65mph
best time 20.447
it's posted on slantsix.org
hoping to make Masion/Dixion May 21/21-2011 Mopar race weekend !

so i got the blocks back but everytime i go to take the car up to the shop something goes wrong!!! lol sticking throttle and now the coil terminal broke... grr...

but anyways i was wondering if you think it would be benifical to remove a leaf from my 002/003 springs? now the are designed for a 3-3200 lbs car so they should be fine BUT

as mark told me they were to stiff (but i think that was cuz his car weighs 2350lbs...

what do you think? it sits like a stick bug right now lol... w/ the front end almost on the stops, you can also i cut the upper stops to allow for more travel

Attachments

• 100_4509.JPG
    124.5 KB · Views: 109
  • 100_4510.JPG
    132.4 KB · Views: 119
  • 100_4511.JPG
    156.3 KB · Views: 115
more pics

the rear sits at 26" where the front sits @ 25.25"

any ideas???

Attachments

• 100_4512.JPG
    124.2 KB · Views: 108
  • 100_4513.JPG
    118.8 KB · Views: 111
Im not sure I would lower the front, yet if at all.
Your car weighs a lot more than his and the power levels are different.
Set it to stock ride height for now, and yes...for now you should leave the springs and base line test it with the ride height right, the shackle plate blocks and correct pinion angle...and the new shocks you have.
after that, if the rear isn't moving enough 'raising', you could try the other weaker springs.
JMO

Im not sure I would lower the front, yet if at all.
Your car weighs a lot more than his and the power levels are different.
Set it to stock ride height for now, and yes...for now you should leave the springs and base line test it with the ride height right, the shackle plate blocks and correct pinion angle...and the new shocks you have.
JMO

thats what i was thinking to... sounds like im going out with a bunch of ford 6 guys to speedworld first Saturday of next month to a test n tune...

i should be seeing like what 2-3 inches of rise?? i need a pinion snubber to...

ok so i got my 2.25 spacer in and well... now that the sping shackle isn't vertical it relaxed more than i thought...lol

so im gonna have to mill some off of it...

thinking about .750 of an inch...

Attachments

• 0522111401.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 103
-
Back