Leaf Springs

-
that shouldn't make a diff..

The front bolt has a shoulder and doesn't clamp the spring from moving, nor do the shackles, you add more weight to the car...that will flatten them out and bring the angle in closer but it's not going fix anything.

The front bolt has a shoulder and doesn't clamp the spring from moving, nor do the shackles, you add more weight to the car...that will flatten them out and bring the angle in closer but it's not going fix anything.

All I'm sayin is SOMETHIN is wrong. How do you know he's got the right bolts on there?

....and another thing I forgot to add. Ed, what did you torque the shock plates to? They're only supposed to go to 45 LB FT. Any more and they will not allow the leafs to slide back and forth and will cause a bind.

....and another thing I forgot to add. Ed, what did you torque the shock plates to? They're only supposed to go to 45 LB FT. Any more and they will not allow the leafs to slide back and forth and will cause a bind.

...70ft-lbs...

I talked to Tom Drake over on slantsix.org
he ran an transbrake "We ran a griner and an A&A. Both were low band apply. I preferred the A&A" on his turbo slant six /ran 9.8's in the 1/4 mile four years ago.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEajfZNZSnM&feature=related"]YouTube - Slant six vs big block chevy[/ame]

ok so the new springs are in and they have the same shackle angle...
so no im wondering what is so different on my car that im gonna need to space the top of the hangers out...

thanks guys

I'm confused about the hanger angle. Which way is yours facing lookin at the car from the driver's side?

I'm confused about the hanger angle. Which way is yours facing lookin at the car from the driver's side?

now they are maybe a degree or two to the rear... not enough...

I have to do it on mine as well, it's not just you.

that is so weird tho... are the springs shorter for some reason or is it more of a weight thing? (granted i know weight will affect them/shackle angle)

now they are maybe a degree or two to the rear... not enough...

According to the mopar suspension manual the shackle is "acceptable" in the verticle position. It is in the "preferred" position when the rear spring eye is behind the hanger eye by what looks like 1" or so in the book. It doesn't get specific in exactly how much. It does give a drawing as a reference. Have you thought about the extended front hangers for the B body?

According to the mopar suspension manual the shackle is "acceptable" in the verticle position. It is in the "preferred" position when the rear spring eye is behind the hanger eye by what looks like 1" or so in the book. It doesn't get specific in exactly how much. It does give a drawing as a reference. Have you thought about the extended front hangers for the B body?

think those are two inchers if i remember... was thinking about those for the AWB but adding a little more altered didn't hurt anything!

i think with an inch spacer i might be happy with shackle angle...

think those are two inchers if i remember... was thinking about those for the AWB but adding a little more altered didn't hurt anything!

i think with an inch spacer i might be happy with shackle angle...

Do the shackle spacer, cause if you mess with the front hanger...you'll move the spring/rearend back with it.

Maybe just box the frame some, I'm still pondering which way I'ma do mine

Do the shackle spacer, cause if you mess with the front hanger...you'll move the spring/rearend back with it.

Maybe just box the frame some, I'm still pondering which way I'ma do mine

Moving the spring was the plan. Wouldn't that correct the rear shackle angle?

Moving the spring was the plan. Wouldn't that correct the rear shackle angle?

yes as well as fix the shackle angle BUT in my case i just had my driveshaft made and it would be to short so i cant go that route...

@ wild

im having a friend make up some aluminum spacers on his mill this week so once i get the figured out and he makes them i'll post pics of them...

Yes it would but moving the rear end back is going to hurt weight distribution.

very true... but if you don't have the fab skills to open up the wheel well setting the axle back also allows for a bigger tire...

but agreed it will hurt on a race car...

That car would never see the difference in 2" with weight distribution. The drive shaft was a better arguement. lol.

That car would never see the difference in 2" with weight distribution. The drive shaft was a better arguement. lol.

well actually SS the A-990 cars or 2% cars did exactly that... they took an A body spring (20" front segment) and put it on the b body cars (22" front segment)

but for what were doing i agree not much difference

FYI
back in the day I was gona buy a wrecked go fast 1969 dart for parts..he had stock worn rear springs, coil over rear shocks, and an adjustible pinion snubber..his dad said the car hooked up real good...both items are on ebay..here's the write up on the shocks.

MONROE>"Sensa-Trac Load Adjusting Shock Absorber; Maintains Ride Height Up To 1200 lbs.; Package of Two; Rear w/0 in. Lift/Drop;"

-
Back