Leaking Windshield Gasket

-
Sorry to hear about your leak. I hope you can fix it with some sealant. I'll check the car tomorrow to see if I have a lake inside or not.

Sorry to hear about your leak. I hope you can fix it with some sealant. I'll check the car tomorrow to see if I have a lake inside or not.

No worries, it's happened to every one so far. The back glass in avitar car was resealed by glass shop 4 times! I'm still going to pull it again, it was my first and I want to redo it right!

Did you seal yours up before it rained? Is it Ok to get wet so soon after sealing? Not sure I'll do mine tomorrow, I'd rather get the first coat of fiber glass over those bare metal patches I just put in Friday. They are starting to rust now! LOL!!

Check in with you guys tomorrow if I can. Heading out on a 230 mile round trip and driving back a 2 door 73 Dart!!

Good Luck! You're doing better with your leak than I am with mine LOL!! Now you're the teacher, I'm student HAHAH!

Juat remember to pay it foward. Use your drawing when teaching others Oh Great Glass Sealer!! LOL!!!!:toothy10:

Have a safe trip, and we'll expect to see pics when you get back.

The butyl sealant that I used said that you can leak test immediately, so I hope that I'm OK. I guess I'll find out when I get home from work today.

As for glass work, I'll defer to you as the expert.:-D

I leak tested the windshield today. Had two leaks - one on passenger side, one small on drivers side. I added some sealant, and will check it again tomorrow. I also pulled out the carpet so that I can dry out the carpet and padding, and check the floor pans. Floor pans look good, so I'll reinstall the padding and carpet after it dries out.

-
Back