Leaking windshield wiper pivots

-

74Dart_Girl

Reaction score
Ok so the classic problem of leaking pivots are plaguing me and Im not really sure where to start.. obviously I cant order them in from ANYWHERE local it seems.. So im looking for suggestions on to who online provides a good quality and price wise option for these lovely leaking mechanisms..

Not looking forward to wiggling them in and out from under the dash, any tricks I should know about?

Thanks! :D

Detroit Muscle Corp (DMC) and many others sell a $15 fix it kit on ebay for both wiper pivots. I did that on my 65 Dart and about to do so on my 64 Valiant. I installed the grease fitting to lube the shaft. I had the under-dash parts removed in the Dart, so real easy. I also de-rusted and painted everything while in there.

Detroit Muscle Corp (DMC) and many others sell a $15 fix it kit on ebay for both wiper pivots. .

x2...I picked up their Firewall Gasket kit (include wiper pieces) and have nothing bad to say about the service or the parts I received.

Pat

Oh I also forgot to mention, the passenger side wiper doesnt work at all.. im assuming theres probably a broken linkage somewhere... time to dig under the dash.. :) and YES rust care and paint! im obbsessive with it !

Tips.. Mark the wiper pivot castings with a sharpie before you take them down. Rotate your mark 180 degrees when you put them back. This will put the wear in a new position. They will operate smoother and quieter.
If you buy a new vent box to cowl seal for the drivers side you can drop that vent box for working space. The other wiper pivot can be accessed through the radio or climate control opening.

I bought that same kit for my 69 Dart, but I thought it was DMT; Detroit Muscle Technologies.
At one time, Jimmy the owner, was a member here.
I also bought the "whole car gasket set" when I did that restoration. EVERY piece of the kit was perfect in every way both in materials used and shape. That is a GREAT company with a GREAT product.

George

-
Back