Leanna has had her way with me!

-

stansblue72

one of one 1953 ME!
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Powder coating that is.
Here are some pictures she sent me of the parts I had her do for me.

get-attachment.aspx.jpg

get-attachment.aspx%20%281%29.jpg

get-attachment.aspx%20%282%29.jpg

get-attachment.aspx%20%284%29.jpg

get-attachment.aspx%20%286%29.jpg

Thanks Leanna your a doll!

Looks GREAT as their work always does! Im just wondering why anyone would powder coat their cats :)

how close is that as far as price and color to having then zinc plated?

How does the coating stand up to wear? Will the latches start to flake or will it hold really well?

The latches and strikers will scratch up and the coating will be scraped off. I had some done on another car I had.

Riddler

You can tell Leanna's very thorough. Every part gets a "cat scan" before being shipped:-D Very nice work.

Looks GREAT as their work always does! Im just wondering why anyone would powder coat their cats :)

The quality of work is so great it actually looks like natural cat fur. The other parts are beyond great as always.

well your title sure got my attention:snakeman:.I was going to tell you how lucky you were.BUT oh well The parts look vary good and I Would be wiling to bet they will last as long or longer as the factory's did as long as everything is lined up right so there not dragging...Artie

Nice thread title there Stan LOL!!! I had to do a double take myself.
First off, I hope you like the results. I appreciate your business and look forward to working with you again ... you've been great!

Ya'll be nice to my new shop kittens. They're my photography assistants. Sox and Martin, my usual models and PSC mascots, are rumored to be considering retirement so the little ones have been getting their portfolios ready.

how close is that as far as price and color to having then zinc plated?

I don't know, I don't do zinc plating. The color is called Silver Glaze, a nice light argent close to what the factory used on a lot of stuff.

Look great, I have a quick question too. How are the door latches going to stand up??

How does the coating stand up to wear? Will the latches start to flake or will it hold really well?

Please ask 65BCODA and Daves66valiant. Their door latches were not only coated in the same color used on GreenDart72's parts, but were essentially rebuilt since a small piece of the mechanism is plastic and could not be placed in the oven. It's been a few months since they were done so a PM or a chime in here from either or both of them will answer that question for all of us. I don't know if Roger's are installed, but I believe Dave's are.

dfnsmn34's trunk and hood latches were coated for his Duster last year (or maybe the year before that?). Mike, any insight here would also be appreciated from you.

The latches and strikers will scratch up and the coating will be scraped off. I had some done on another car I had.

Riddler

Guys, if they're not holding up, I WANT TO KNOW. I didn't coat your parts Riddler but mine are floating around out there. I can't fix a problem if I don't know it exists.

You can tell Leanna's very thorough. Every part gets a "cat scan" before being shipped:-D Very nice work.

LOL!!! Thank you! <curtsey>

well your title sure got my attention:snakeman:.I was going to tell you how lucky you were.BUT oh well The parts look vary good and I Would be wiling to bet they will last as long or longer as the factory's did as long as everything is lined up right so there not dragging...Artie

I hope you're right Artie. Riddler's comment has me concerned. My own hood and trunk latches have been done for years and I've never experienced any scraping or peeling, but my car isn't exactly a daily driver either.

Thank you all for the terrific compliments! :love7:

I have not installed the door latches as of yet. However I do have 199.99999999999999% confidence in Leanna's work. Every thing else she has done for me is top notch.
The door latch's I sent her were 45 yr old items (Looked pretty damn rough) they came back not only looking great but she also done a complete rehab of them.

I guess the question brought up by some in this post is..... is Leanna's work going to hold up as well as the 45 yr old factory zinc coating? .... I hope so....Do I expect it to last 45 yrs....NO

Now keep in mind ...What is your other options?.....Do you clean as well as you can and rattle can them? Rattle can is damn well not going to hold up as well as Leannna's work...That is a fact.

Do you search the world over for a custom zinc plater (keep in mind the almighty EPA) that is willing to take apart your parts and put them back together for the cost of Leanna's services?..... I think not.

Another item to consider is how well your previous P/C prepped your parts to begin with. I know PSC will do the best possible job one is able to accomplish.....PERIOD.

Is my car a daily driver....NO ....Will the doors be opened 10-20 times a day....NO
It all depends on what one expects. I know the P/C will last longer than any spray can job.

If the only option one has is to douch your latches with BrakeKlean & Rust-ole-um ....then so be it...do what you have to do.....We all would love to have a zinc plater/mechanism rebuilder at our whim and call.....but when all else fails...Call PSC/Leanna and get the best job available.....IMHO

Leanna & Billy are much more than Powder Coaters...... they weld ,sand blast, clean your nasty ,crusty parts and rehab them to the highest level possible.... When my parts do (as they will) become scratched from use, I will still appreciate the skill and effort received from PSC. 45 yrs from now my door latches will still look better than the last 45 yrs afforded them. Their work is second to none..........If any one has a zinc plater that puts as much effort into their job and can get their parts back within the same year....PLEASE let me know...I will have them redo Leanna's work tomorrow....Until then ...PSC is my GO TO coating/refinisher

Check out the photo's below.......almost enough to make you "Shuck an Oyster"

Roger

Attachments

• PSC002.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_0777.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_0778.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_0784.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 190
This is what I wrote to Leanna in a PM...
Leanna, ALOHA!!!!

Sorry it took a few days to get back to you. Well...not much you can do to prevent wear...It is metal on metal. The item that shows the most wear though is the safety catch hook on the hood and the trunk hook... wear both metals meet. The hood hook wears where it slides into the hole that it catches on if you close the hood. If I put a piece if rubber (Kinda like the door edge trim that you use to prevent door dings..it might help.) The trunk is wear the latch catches it and holds it down. It is slight on both though. If you want I can take picture to show you.

Aloha and Mahalo. Hope that helps?!

Mike

That being said...I will post pictures soon. Also, I have yet to see ANY FLAKING of the powder coat. If anything it is wearing like paint would better maybe better, than paint. It has been about two years...since install. no its not a daily driver. but I open the trunk as often as the hood so the wear should be equal...how often? depends really. One car show it was raining off and on...I must have open and closed the hood and trunk...100 times! other times it can go over a month without opening them. Pictures will tell the story.

oh! Would I have PSC coat another latch set up....YEP! regardless of wear. Grease helps too....

aloha Mike

oh yeah...the one item I thought for sure would crack and flake...the hood spring...not even once has it though....

aloha

-
Back