LED dash lights

-
do you have a exact link and name of the exact light you need to buy for a duster? also how much were they. thanks. can you also put them in autometer guages too?

Got mine from ebay store called Whitefacegauges or something like that, I haven't done mine yet but I did install 1 blue into the Autometer Phantom tach and it works great.

I also found that painting the inside of the cluster bright white also inhances the intensity of the light

gauge.jpg

Thanks to Alan627B for posting the links to the Diesel forum where they did all the work.

One of the guys there used real metal duct tape on the inside of the gauge cluster for a better reflective surface. A little acetone to remove the print on the tape and essentialy installed mirrors in the cluster.

Glad to be of assistance. I was glad to see sucjh good tech advice, and on a Mopar site to boot! Thank God for the internet!
They sell that aluminum tape at Lowes and other places near the insulation and/or tape departments without writing on it as well, which makes things even easier.
BTW,
They have a 7 layer bubble wrap insulation with foil exterior which works well in my truck cab and even the scrapers I run, both insulates and quiets things down. Pretty cheap too. 95% single pass efficiency they claim. Might be a cheaper solution than Dynamat.
\
Alan

Im for sure going to do this eventually, hell i'll do it to every car i own, looks awesome!:cheers:

HOLY COW i just checked the price a 194 is 14 bucks a piece...ok maybe i'll wait a while lol time to start saving!

subscribed. Did anyone who did this happen to find a cheaper source for the LED's. If so can you tell me which series you used. I want to order white faces for my spare cluster I will be putting in. But would like to find some cheaper LED's than 5 bucks a pop.

subscribed. Did anyone who did this happen to find a cheaper source for the LED's. If so can you tell me which series you used. I want to order white faces for my spare cluster I will be putting in. But would like to find some cheaper LED's than 5 bucks a pop.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=/specs/WLED-x5.htm

They have other options besides the 5$ bulbs.

I'd probably go with the WLED-x5 (2.99) as it has a wider dispersion than the others in the same category. It probably won't have quite the output of the $5 version, but I have seen this particular bulb used in other dashes and it still has pretty good output.

I've got a package of them waiting to go in my Dakota that I still haven't got around to :disgust:

-
Back