LED headlights?

-
I hear ya(I have a cdl also) you forgot the government getting rid of manual transmission//down shifting with no brake lights will fix those tailgaters and old school "jake" brakes:icon_fU:

Personally liked tailgaters when on two lane blacktop with gravel shoulder, a little tail wag.

The major issue with LED. One people think bright is good, which by itself it is not... which leads to the second issue.

You need the light focused and that is tough to do with led products. Bright and washing out everything 50 yards to either side doesn't mean they are effective.

There is a lot of really poorly offered parts in the headlight arena.

Pick your parts, pay your money.

The major issue with LED. One people think bright is good, which by itself it is not... which leads to the second issue.

You need the light focused and that is tough to do with led products. Bright and washing out everything 50 yards to either side doesn't mean they are effective.There is a lot of really poorly offered parts in the headlight arena.

Pick your parts, pay your money.

I agree// I mentioned some of that in post # 43

big difference in technology 50 yrs later and you have to know the difference in light out put between projection/reflection lighting

Well here's a point I didn't see anyone make.....and forgive me if I missed it, I didn't read every word.

BUT, LED headlights are illegal I believe in all 50 states on cars that did not come with them, so you need to be careful and read the LAW in your state. If you get stopped, it will NOT be a cheap ticket. Just something to think about.
Not 100% accurate....I am a licensed Virginia state safety inspector, LED bulbs are only illegal when installed in a halogen housing(like most shmucks do when buying bulbs at pep boys). If you swap the entire lamp over to a DOT certified LED unit you're good to go. This is in Virginia, cannot answer to the other lower 47.... although judging buy the amount of ridiculously installed LED lights just to the south of me in NC I assume they could care less !

-
Back