Left hand thread wheel studs 66 'cuda

-

Dfnsmn34

Margarita Mike
Reaction score
Aloha!

Just though about it while I'm away from the car...

A couple of questions...Does any one know where to buy LH thread wheel studs? The PO snapped two studs (short ones now, still work...just short!) and when I do the brake job I'd like to replace them...since the car is pretty much original...I'd like to keep the LH studs.

Also, can anyone tell me the stud size? I guess I can measure...but I'm not sure how accurate I can measure them while the studs are installed.

Mahalo and Aloha FABO!

I bought replacement wheel studs from a local truck wheel supply co. I can't remember the mfg's name. It might just be easier to replace them with RH studs though.

When I was doing the 72 scamp with KH disks I swapped over to RH studs

Here is what the box says...
NAPA part number
/5 #641-3148
Wheel Bolt 130 7/16 20
X 1-31/32

If it's small bolt pattern, it's 7/16", big bolt pattern, 1/2". I don't see a problem getting them from a bolt supply house as aforementioned!

Sweet....thanks guys...they are small bolt...

Scamp360...the smart think to do would be to replace them...but since the car is original...well for the most part...I wanted to keep it that way...

No one ever accused me of being smart! Now handsome? Yea..but not smart!

The new ones from Dorman have a slightly smaller knurl than the original ones. I bought a whole new set and didn't have a problem with them staying because of this though. Make sure you take one of your good ones in and compare it to the new ones for length and all other dimensions, like the length of the thread, the size of the head and the length of the knurl. I got mine from a fleet supply house near me that handles buses, service vehicles and the like. I'll bet Napa would have them though, if you got one out there on the island. Good luck with your project, Geof

-
Back