Let's hope for a better year

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
2009 ended for me and my Wife with a ton of problems in our household. Here's the short list, not trying to depress anyone:

Just found out my Wife's Dad is having surgery Monday morning for cancer in his lower intestine. He kept it from everyone not to ruin their holidays. My Wife will be flying out to Arizona within the next few weeks if all goes well.

My Brother-in-law is on a Liver transplant list in California. He's not (yet...) in dire need, but he does need a Liver.

Our much-loved Mutt Angel is starting to deteriorate and has a hard time walking and using the stairs. She's also having other "issues" besides what I swear is senility.... she's going on 16 and we're starting to pay more attention to her than ourselves knowing we can't prevent the inevitable. And it's killing us when she looks at us helpless.....

The local water service has been over charging me for water for the past 5 months on an EMPTY house I own. We checked the water meter last month and used 8 cubic feet and was charged for 3,800. Been in dispute for months....

And we just learned that my mortgage company screwed up my tax status when we re-financed that house 3 years ago and we suddenly have a $10,000+ tax nightmare that has necessitated the hiring of a Real Estate lawyer (I could have built a new stroker small block for THAT priviledge...) and I have to pay the city back-taxes and go sue the mortgage company and possibly the lawyer who handled the re-financing to get our money back.

And this means I can't re-finance the house to buy my sister out as she needs the money ASAP as she's graduating college and needs to start her business. Amy & me are going to move back into the house for a few years to try & protest our investment instead of selling right now. But with the water-use issue we dare not move in and start really using water.

And Amy's GTI was side-swiped in front of our co-op 2 weeks ago to the tune of $1,700 by some douche-bag hit & run. Got it back last Friday looking good, but I know our low-mileage baby has been violated.

At the same time we have much to be thankful for, but we ARE being tested right now. Let's hope 2010 works out better for everyone.

Got bad news that my 4 year old nephew Alex passed away yesterday morning. He was challenged from birth due to complications. Put a really bad end to a horrible last 3 years.
Here is to a brighter 2010 for everyone.

RIP Alex. You are with the angels now.

Hope thing get better for you and your family FASTBACK340.

Here's to a brighter 2010. John, you and yours have my prayers. So does your family, Noel.

Thanks guys. I'm sorry to hear of your loss Homecloned. 4 yrs. old.... wow.
Condolences to your family.

Sorry to hear about this stuff John and Homecloned. '09 was not a good year for alot of peeople, me included.

This WILL be a better year for all (I hope). 8)

Got bad news that my 4 year old nephew Alex passed away yesterday morning. He was challenged from birth due to complications. Put a really bad end to a horrible last 3 years.
Here is to a brighter 2010 for everyone.

RIP Alex. You are with the angels now.

Hope thing get better for you and your family FASTBACK340.

Sorry homecloned. RIP Alex.

John, Amy and Noel, you and your families are in our hearts and prayers.

2010 HAS to be better for all of us!

Well I thought I had a bad year. It wasn't close to some of you . Sorry for all the problems you had Fastback,but you sound like you have a positive attitude and that's big,Good luck.8)

I'm so sorry Noel,to be taken at that young age is not right.Having read some of your other posts I think you are in the right frame of mind to make this a great year. We're here for ya.8)

-
Back