Lets put lipstick on a pig!

-
I love how dishonest, crocked, money hungry POS's try to come up with new ways to promote a illegal activity! These are the sellers words, 1968 Plymouth roadrunner paperwork. Very rare hard to find document for project, clone etc. VIN comes up as Hi performance 383.
1968 Plymouth roadrunner Hi po Historical Paperwork Document Project | eBay
Sometimes it seems in this hobby for every decent person there are twice as many that are looking to screw someone over.

Your opinions are yours and valid...but, it is completely legal.
No it's really not. In FL. when you no longer have or the vehicle no longer exist. You are to turn the tittle in to DMV. and what he suggest is also illegal , Project or clone? But I guess it's just another case of what kind of values a person has? From the seller? Not many. And I'm sure he will meet up with a buyer that see's things on that same level.

Looks like an old expired title....'bout useless to me?

Could even be an old duplicate that has been superseded.
My Son bought a car from a guy and we found out at Motor Vehicles that there was two newer titles issued for the car.
It all worked out in the end as the guy was really apologetic, but what had happened was his girlfriend took the title and added her name on to it somehow and then later had another one done without his name on it at all.
Finally got it straightened out and the guy refunded the costs to my Son.

No it's really not. In FL. when you no longer have or the vehicle no longer exist. You are to turn the tittle in to DMV. and what he suggest is also illegal , Project or clone? But I guess it's just another case of what kind of values a person has? From the seller? Not many. And I'm sure he will meet up with a buyer that see's things on that same level.

And some poor sap will get his car stolen to go with the paperwork.

Could even be an old duplicate that has been superseded.
My Son bought a car from a guy and we found out at Motor Vehicles that there was two newer titles issued for the car.
It all worked out in the end as the guy was really apologetic, but what had happened was his girlfriend took the title and added her name on to it somehow and then later had another one done without his name on it at all.
Finally got it straightened out and the guy refunded the costs to my Son.
Also, when you or I apply for a duplicate title because we lost the original or for any reason, And we get a duplicate tittle from DMV, The duplicate is the now authentic tittle. Even if you find the original. In Fl. anyway. Same as Tampa Bay Buccaneer season tickets. Years ago a guy was caught steeling season tickets out of the Post Office where he worked. He then sold them for 75.00 a sheet and told people " You can not sit in the seat" Well when the season ticket holder reported never getting his season tickets, the Buccaneer office reissued then and they were stamped "DUPLICATE" Well sooner or later a unknowing person sat in the seat at the same time the real ticket owner was in it. The poor unknowing person that bought the stolen ones found out which tickets were real. Unrelated but thought I'd throw this out.

Also, when you or I apply for a duplicate title because we lost the original or for any reason, And we get a duplicate tittle from DMV, The duplicate is the now authentic tittle. Even if you find the original.

That is the exact problem we had.
Took him about three months to actually have a new title in his name and it required a title bond from our insurance company.

Too bad he went through all that for a 91 Ford POS Taurus instead of something worth having.

That is the exact problem we had.
Took him about three months to actually have a new title in his name and it required a title bond from our insurance company.
And sometimes such as what happened to you, It IS a case of a honest mistake!

If the numbers don't match.... through out the body..... to the paper work on/in hand....

This is just as bad as the fuckface jerkoffs that sell fender tags and VINs that they find or remove from cars that have been scrapped. A car is issued an identity when it is built. Think of it as a Social Security number. Once the vehicle no longer exists, the numbers should no longer exist either.

-
Back