Let's see your garage!

-
here is my work space. under a 40x40 brick building. very cozy. contains a 64polara bracket car(440/glide/5.14 9" 10.60 car) 64 polara 500 project car(big block/727/ac ps pb pw car) 70 duster /6 ac ps console car, soon to be LA/904/8 3/4 street/strip car. great place to go hide!

DSC01547.jpg

DSC01548.jpg

DSC01549.jpg

DSC01550.jpg

DSC01553.jpg

DSC01551.jpg

DSC01552.jpg

DSC01554.jpg

DSC01563.jpg

My family and I just moved in to a house out on Long Island. Quite a culture shock coming from big-city Brooklyn to the suburbs. I had been wanting a garage with a house attached to it for years and my dream has been realized. No more working on my cars out in the street! I love it when a plan comes together!

Not much to look at right now and it's just a raw space but I hope to at least drywall it and do the floor. I'll build a bench and get some lighting and shelving and that 220 compressor I've been wanting forever. Clearly not high enough for a lift, but I can dream.:wink:

Ahhh, the joys of home ownership!

IMG_2202.jpg

IMG_2207.jpg

Rmchrgr,

your garage looks a lot like mine right now. My bench is built and the contractors are supposed to get their stuff out soon. Pics to come later this month.

Rmchrgr,

your garage looks a lot like mine right now. My bench is built and the contractors are supposed to get their stuff out soon. Pics to come later this month.

Looking forward to seeing your bench, I remember the post about it. Hopefully I can get some inspiration.

I have a long way to go before I can do anything in there. We need to upgrade our electrical box in the house from 100 to 200A, plus the main box is still fuses! When that's done I'll ask them to wire the garage for 220. 400+ sq. ft of sheet rock is not going to be fun to tape either. It's like a whole other project beyond the car. I'm supposed to be rebuilding the engine for my friend's GTO soon too so I'm going to need somewhere to park that car while the 400 is under construction. Not sure when that's going to happen... nice to have such problems I must say!

sorry mine is a car shelter a man its cheep and works great for me.i could put up a garage but than there is better things to spend my money on like MOPAR PARTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS LOL>

100_1249.jpg

Nice garage Rmchrgr :cheers:
Beet's the heck out of working in the street, don't it:-D.
Congrat's on the new home and you new great Dart.

It douse look like ramcharger's garage 8)

Nice garage Rmchrgr :cheers:
Beet's the heck out of working in the street, don't it:-D.
Congrat's on the new home and you new great Dart.

It douse look like ramcharger's garage 8)

Thanks Mike. it's been a long time coming for me - the planets have all finally aligned and I've got what I wanted - a good car to work on and my own place to work in.

Gotta say too, I am definitely fortunate to be in a position to have all this. I must have done something right!

here mine it 26x26 that needs drywall and insulation still im getting ready to get a new 200amp service run to it in the spring and an electric furnace and AC, i already have Internet access, cable tv and a beer fridge. im pretty happy with it so far it just sucks getting the duster out because we park our dailys in there also. you can see what sits outside to.

DSCF0138.jpg

DSCF0234.jpg

DSCF0236.jpg

DSCF0238.jpg

Here's mine. Concrete should be cured come Monday and I'll drive my cars in. I'll have to get some interior shots.

070.JPG

Sweet :rock::eek:ccasion::eek:ccasion::blob6:\\:D/:thumbrig:

Thanks Mike, been a long time coming. With business expenses, home mortgage, retirement savings, insurance, and everything else that comes with being married and having a son........it took a while.

I'll be able to finish it the way I want and thank God for SAM'S:-D.

Thanks Mike, been a long time coming. With business expenses, home mortgage, retirement savings, insurance, and everything else that comes with being married and having a son........it took a while.

I'll be able to finish it the way I want and thank God for SAM'S:-D.
SAM'S is where my Tent for Victoria cam from :cheers: $200.

That's where my shelving and work benches will be coming from. They stock some heavy stuff and can't build it for the price.

A lot of nice shops here.

113_0073.jpg

113_0072.jpg

And this last one is my red neck work light... Made from a 4' flourescent light and an patio umbrella base mounted on wheels....
113_0076.jpg

What are you guys using for a compressor? I'm planning on getting the garage wired for 220. I'd like a decent one but I don't want to break the bank. Any suggestions?

Well, mines a piece of crap Husky and I would not recommend it but I got it super cheap. I won't even get into details as it's not worth it.

Get something with at least 10 cfm @ 90 PSI. Craftsman makes a vertical twin cylinder 220 version for about 450-500 bucks on sale IIRC that exceeds these specs.

I really miss the big *** industrial compressor at my last house. The X wouldn't let me have it..... *****. lol

-
Back