Let's see your garage!

-
SleeperScamp, Your "redneck work light" is a great idea & very cool. I love the mobility. 8)

Well, mines a piece of crap Husky and I would not recommend it but I got it super cheap. I won't even get into details as it's not worth it.

Get something with at least 10 cfm @ 90 PSI. Craftsman makes a vertical twin cylinder 220 version for about 450-500 bucks on sale IIRC that exceeds these specs.

I really miss the big *** industrial compressor at my last house. The X wouldn't let me have it..... *****. lol

Mine is a 60 gal. 5 hp. Ingersol Rand I got from Tractor Supply... Around $900.... Like it because its quite...

Mine is a 60 gal. 5 hp. Ingersol Rand I got from Tractor Supply... Around $900.... Like it because its quite...

The one at the other house was 5hp too. Not 5 hp peak, but continous most likely like yours sleeper. I think it had a 80 gallon horizontal. The compressor head was a giant 2 cylinder with "DENVER" cast into it. Supposedly it came from the "Gates" factory here in Colorado. Yep, thats Gates as in Gates belts and hoses made right here in crazy *** weather Colorado. That sucker would go from 20 PSI to 150 in less than 5 minutes and it was queiter than my stupid 30 gal Husky.

Yeah may have apply for a patent on it......LOL

Dude, do it! :cheers:

I love the way you worded that Lol....a garage with a house attached to it Lol,most people look for a house and if a garage is attached to it or on the property it's a "plus" But Great Men Think alike!!!! I can here the realator now describing this property Lol here we hava a spaciouse living room for all of your cars to enjoy each others company and a walk in closet for all of their personal parts and a laundry room with extra shelving to store their car covers and such and attached to it is ....a house Lol hope it comes thru for ya !!!!:cheers:
I've been living in one NYC apartment or another for 12 years. Out of necessity, I work on my cars in the street.

There may now be a garage with a house attached to it in my immediate future.
I can hardly contain myself. :smilebox:

Let's see what your garage looks like. Anything - giant shop, shack, shed, carport, blue tarp... Let's see beyond the cars. I wanna see tools, storage, air systems, benches, floors, lighting etc.

If this has been done before, please point me in the right direction.

I love the way you worded that Lol....a garage with a house attached to it Lol,most people look for a house and if a garage is attached to it or on the property it's a "plus" But Great Men Think alike!!!! I can here the realator now describing this property Lol here we hava a spaciouse living room for all of your cars to enjoy each others company and a walk in closet for all of their personal parts and a laundry room with extra shelving to store their car covers and such and attached to it is ....a house Lol hope it comes thru for ya !!!!:cheers:

See post #106! My wife and I just moved in to our new "garage with a house attached to it"! Also see my "New Ride" post for the new addition to my automotive family.

Your statement above rings true too because I had parts all over the apartment - in the kitchen, on the shelves, closets, everywhere. My tool box was in our kitchen and I tripped over a manifold in there every day. I had a NOS NP 435 truck transmission on a small pallet in our entry way for years. I'd get all kind of comments on it from people who had no idea what it was. I put a description above it like you'd see in an art gallery because I got tired of explaining it. Before I moved in with my wife, I had a 440 in my old one-bedroom apartment.

I'm really excited about all the new stuff, it's just mind-blowing how it happened all at once. I'm a lucky man!

Finally made it to the garage today after sitting in the drive for almost 2 years. Now the fun can finally start!!! YEAH!!!

n1361076797_220997_7384.jpg

Cool! An old Sun Machine! I see these every now and again on Craigslist for cheap. I remember using these back in the day. Super high tech for the time.

Yea I had that machine since 1972 when I brought it brand new. Its mounted on a monorail that goes to the other side of the shop

Yea I had that machine since 1972 when I brought it brand new. Its mounted on a monorail that goes to the other side of the shop

I was going to ask if it was on a rail, lol. Just found my snap-on digital timing light! Woo-hoo! :cheers: I knew that sucker would pop up if I just kept organizing this place. I think I paid 275 bucks for that in '86.

I had this built and the driveway done last year. It's 24 x 32. The car cost me $4000.00 but to give it a nice home cost me another 20k+!

100_0041 (Small).jpg

That will fit my bill Tnplumber :cheers:nice car and shop.:-D

That will fit my bill Tnplumber :cheers:nice car and shop.:-D

Thanks Memike, I waited 20 years to get a garage and a mopar at the same time, but with the economy so bad I wonder if it was a good move. Oh well, haven't missed a payment yet, lol.

I had this built and the driveway done last year. It's 24 x 32. The car cost me $4000.00 but to give it a nice home cost me another 20k+!

How do you like the cinderblock construction? Does it help keep it cool in the summer?

How do you like the cinderblock construction? Does it help keep it cool in the summer?

Yes it seems to, along with the tin roof. But in the winter it is like an ice house. I'm going to install some kind of heat source and put a ceiling in it. Right now all the heat just goes out the ridge vents.

Scott

I built this by myself, to save some dough. We wanted an old driving shed type of look. It's fully insulated, and heated, and I put the temp garage on the front in the winter, just for the snowblower, etc. It's 20x30, and still not big enough.:angry7:

bill 002 (Small).jpg

I was going to ask if it was on a rail, lol. Just found my snap-on digital timing light! Woo-hoo! :cheers: I knew that sucker would pop up if I just kept organizing this place. I think I paid 275 bucks for that in '86.

Put it in a safe place and never went back till know:-D Glad you found it:cheers:,

A great day here with sun shine and 43 F :drinkers:

Good day :cheers:

Picture &&&&& 009.jpg

Here's my shop that we built this summer and fall. Just got it roofed before the first snow. And as you can see it hasn't stopped snowing. It is a 40 X 64 building that will be partitioned for a 20" wide main bay to work in and 10' for 3 car garage and 10' for office/storage/tools. Trying to get the insulation and walls up so can start working on the mopars. I have the Duster there now and the Cuda and Challenger to come home in spring. It took 25 years to get a working shop so as the old saying goes "there's no replacement for displacement" same for shop size as engine size.

shop_10.jpg

shop_08.jpg

-
Back