Lets see your gauge cluster set ups

-
Here's mine.

img_1498-jpg.1714702398

View attachment IMG_1498.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just started making mine. I am going with classic industries with a quad cage, a tach and a speedo. I will also have a vintage air but no radio. All knobs will be billet

image-jpg.1714702643

View attachment image.jpg

I'm working on a 69 chargerish looking instrument cluster for my 67 barracuda. I have all the templates cut out of heavy cardstock.and all the gage and switch holes layed out. Still cant decide if i should make it from aluminum and tig weld it, or from steel sheet. Trying to decide on autometer z series, or vintage stewart warners. I plan on using harley davidson indicator lamps for high beam, signal shift light and brake warning, either plain colored ones or mebbe the ones with international symbols for high beam, and turn signal with the arrows. I will take and post some pix this weekend.

Matt

I switched the locations of radio and climate controller, deleted a screw, etc..
pic at DeMonDIN.com

Wow...great looking dashes in this thread. Great job everyone. I installed a white faced kit but I'm not completely sold on it yet. I'm waiting until I have the entire dash assembled to make the final call.

I had a hard time getting the vinyl to stick around the raised numbers/lines. The gauges themselves turned out fine...the large outer piece(speedo numbers) no so much. If I end up keeping the white faces, I'll probably end up machining the raised sections down flat and install another kit.

I also did away with the amp gauge and put an oil pressure gauge in its place.

Just finnished building mine and the last picture is what the basic look of the dash will be when done.
This is one of the alternatives to running a dash pad.
The video is of the guages working on the test startup, but before the sensor was connected to the A/F guage.

1-jpg.1714702804

View attachment 1.jpg

5-jpg.1714702805

View attachment 5.jpg

6-jpg.1714702806

View attachment 6.jpg

It is .090 aluminum. For the gauge cups, I used roll cage tubing and had them cut at work in the machine shop. I used the tig welder at work to weld them on since my welder is only a mig and does not weld aluminum.

smartken22, yours is even better.
Did you use steel or aluminum.
What gauge ?

heres pix of the cardstock template for mine, I'm going for the 68 - 70 B body rallye dash look. i may move the heater controls to the radio opening, and move the radio to the heater opening similar to the DeMonIVR

i have access to aluminum sheet and steel sheet. each type of material has advantages and disadvantages in fabrication.

i will be putting the tach, oil psi, and water temp gages centered in front of the steering wheel. speedometer to the left, and volts and fuel level to the right. i figure tach, oil PSI, and water temp are the most critical you need to look at anyways. i will be using the stock lights, wiper, and emergency flasher switches.

i may move the wiper switch a little more to the right, and move the gage openings and indicator lights down a little more. i have to mock up my bucket seats and actually sit down in the car and see if i have to adjust any of the indicator and gauge positions.

the harley davidson indicator lamps i want to use are made by Solico. and are a little bit pricey, but i can get em a little cheaper thru drag specialties, or CCI at my local HD dealer.

sooo whatcha think so far?

359-jpg.1714702977

View attachment 359.JPG

360-jpg.1714702978

View attachment 360.JPG

Glad to see this thread still going. I hope it helps give some good ideas to whomever is considering this mod.

Home made insert with Speed Hut gauges

Home made insert with Speed Hut gauges

Wow super cool. I like those speed hut gages too. I never knew this company existed till i saw your gages. The possibilities from speedhut are dang near endless. I spent an hour on their website trying out different colors, numbers, gage rings, pointers etc. USA made and i can option them the way i want. This is awesome.

lets keep it going. I'm getting ready to start this in the next few weeks.

lets keep it going. I'm getting ready to start this in the next few weeks.

Take notice of the pic above. Gauges placed far right and set back are not fully visible from the drivers seat.

cut the whole face out of my dash and made a new panel. installed auto meter utlra lite gauges with led bulbs.

I kind of like your setup there. I could make a nice, long carbon fiber piece; however, I'd like to try to keep the lower dash pad in mine.

-
Back