Lets see your gauge cluster set ups

-
What are your plans? What gauges?

I've got auto meter pro-comp ultra lites. I'm thinking about doing what young gun did. Are the dashes the same for a 70 swinger as his 68 or 69?

dash-jpg.1714774459

View attachment dash.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody have cage mounted pods along the a pillars? Im co sidering a single tach in the dash dead center. Then my afr, boost, oil and water on the cage bars. So i dont have to look down on a pass down the strip. Car will likely be to fast(4's) to be taking my eye of the window area.

Classic instrument 3 1/2" gauges.
1 speedo
1 tach
1 quad
Speedo in the center.
Mounted at an angle in the dash insert that will bolt to the dash.
18 ga steel fabbed from a new unused lab hood.
Gauge pods cut from flat, rolled and welded. They are angled so that you have direct line of sight from the seated position.

Lots of good ideas. My first attempt was a raging failure. Now i think I've got it figured out. Will make another attempt in a couple of days.

Show off what you did to create/modify you gauge cluster and a short description of the type of gauges and material used to create your works of art.

here is mine
it is not installed completely in the car yet and is just a stock unit but updated a bit.
it's also getting led lights to brighten up the dash after it's installed.

yeah I forgot to do the speedo numbers in the picture but they are done now I just have not taken any pictures of it.

wp_20131013_005-jpg.1714779083

View attachment WP_20131013_005.jpg

wp_20131013_006-jpg.1714779084

View attachment WP_20131013_006.jpg

Still not installed. All LED's and whiteface overlays. Paint is Rustoleum semi-flat black and Krylon dull aluminum.

I haven't gotten to this stage of my build yet, but this thread has definitely gotten me thinking.....great stuff!

This is the cluster for the Wife's 72 Swinger that I just finished.
I have some wire details to take care of in the harness, so it won't go in quite yet.

It has (from left to right) aftermarket Volts, Temp and Oil Pressure gauges then the Speedometer and I moved the fuel gauge to the far right where the idiot lights used to be.

Every light in the cluster and gauges is white LED's and the speedo back lighting is the strip LED's we recently talked about.

The original lenses were trash so I replaced them with lexan.

No major changes to the cluster face itself other than the lexan , just painted

She wanted to copy my car's gauge cluster with clean, simple and high contrast, but you know I couldn't make them exactly the same or mine wouldn't be one of a kind anymore.:D

It's going in a Top Banana Yellow 72 Swinger with a black top and upholstery.
Although not her actual cluster, the before picture is pretty close to the same condition, but the lenses were WAY worse.

oldcluster-jpg.1714862419

View attachment oldcluster.jpg

newspeedosmall-jpg.1714862420

View attachment newspeedosmall.jpg

-
Back