Let's See Your Vintage Bikes

-
OK....let's start a thread...I still have my Mongoose fro "77 with Tuff Wheels and Tuff neck.

1974 yamaha moto bike, full suspension

Attachments

• image.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 421
Still have my old Fuji I build from scratch in the early 80's. When work and daylight permit, I'll get a pic of it.

Hutch TrickStar, Bullseye cranks and hubs, UniSeat, DK stem, Hutch BearTrap pedals, old school twisted spokes....

Attachments

• CAM00172.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 393
  • CAM00173.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 413
Hey, that's the DK stem I helped test !!!

WAY COOL !!

...uh...wait, is that an AL bottom plate, or Cr/Mo?

Hard to tell since both parts are silver.

The Cr/Mo bottoms were always silver, but could have an anodized AL top plate in several colors.

Maybe it's one of the designs I broke before they made the Cr/Mo bottom plate.

Kia bike, yep by the car company. Don't know much about it but thought it looked cool being so long and commercial looking.

Attachments

• Kia bike 002 (Small).jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 290
  • Kia bike 001 (Small).jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 270
My '82 1100... Sorry when I saw the title of the thread I wasn't thinking BMX:glasses7: but it IS vintage

Attachments

• image.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 288
I used to have a 1981 Honda CB900F.....went really good......I miss it. The wife has a 1987 Kawasaki GPZ900R.

Would love to see more pics of everyone's bikes.

Had a sonic flyer when I was a kid- made this hot rod as fenders were rough.
Miss the shocks and 23 more speeds of my daily rider hybrid though.
Great for down hill....

Attachments

• 101_0541.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 274
Here is a pic of a bike I had when I was kid that I am trying to track down! 1968 CCM Mustang 5 speed that I loved!!!!!!

Attachments

• CCM-Mustang.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 302
My '82 1100... Sorry when I saw the title of the thread I wasn't thinking BMX:glasses7: but it IS vintage

Same here. If I have to pedal it, it aint fun. :D

So here's my vintage "Bike". A 1978 Yamaha DT175 Enduro (Street/Trail)

not so much old school but i put this one together for jamie a couple years ago..

its a mid 90's robison gt. would have loved to keep the original colors but it was really beat to death.. pretty much kept all the robison gt stuff but added a set of skyway tuff wheels..:) guys flip when they see the wheels and i tell them you can still buy them new..

before:
DSC_0041.jpg

after:
DSC_0308.jpg

first ride..
DSC_0291.jpg

This is my late fathers 1937 CCM. He bought it when he was 15 years old (in 1937) from his uncle. He used it to ride to work for many years, with his lunch kit in the carrier box. I restored it a couple of years ago, as a tribute to him. The only new parts on it are the hand grips, seat cover, and wooden box. The colours are as close as I could figure out to the original 1937 ones. - Dale

Attachments

• P6250004.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 244
Here's mine. 71 apple krate. All original except missing chain gaurd. I bought it last year for next to nothing because it looked cool. I had no idea what it was worth but I won't loose money on this bike. It's on display in my sunroom.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 200
I do have a vintage 1974 Schwinn Strand Cruiser but I don't have a photo of it. Here is my 1970 Norton Commando.

Attachments

• 70_Norton Commando_Fastback.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 175
Love the mix of moto and BMX pics.

DSG Duster, that restoration is impressive.

MiradaMegaCab, that Trickstar come from the bottom of Hutch Lake?

-
Back