Lets talk abt 1st cars!

-
In 1970 I bought my first car, 1962 Pontiac Catalina, 2 dr. ht, 389 4bbl., auto, ac ps pb $350. Sweet car, wish I still had it.

First car was a Canadian Valiant Signet 225 cu. in. /6. It was a 2 door hardtop and had a push button auto. It was sandstone beige with a red and beige interior. Paid $1,500.00 in the spring of 1967 and traded it in the spring of '68 for my '68 Barracuda notch which I still have. Got $1,700.00 for it on trade because the salesman wrote it up as a '64. Have the bills to prove that too. The Saturday after I picked up the Barracuda the salesman called and asked what year I had the Valiant registered as. When I told him '63 he kind of sighed and asked for the warranty book. It still had some warranty left on the 5year/50,00 mile warranty. A few weeks after, a friend of mine bought the '68 Barracuda convert that was in the showroom. The same salesman sold it to my friend. He told my friend that he lost his commission on my car because of his mistake on my Barracuda. My friend also traded in a Valiant but his was a '64 2 door hardtop. I guess it brought up bad memories for the salesman.

My first car was a 1965 chevy II nova station wagon with a 283 it was a light blue, bought in 1977 for 235 $, it sat in a field next to a farm house, the bodie was in great shape, to this day i still can't figure out why the guy wanted 235$ for it, that was his asking price.Yes I know it was a station wagon but it got me out of the house and down the road,kinda wish i had it today it was a really clean car.

my first car was a 67 chevelle 283 v8, it was my parents best friends mothers car. Literally driven by a little old lady! I put 100k on it and sold it to a friend for 500 bucks what we paid for it.....Wish I still had that little baby!

1974 - 1st car owned was a 67 Barracuda coupe 273 2 barrel auto on column $400

it had been thru a fence and scratched all down the pass side, 4 bald tires and the drivere seat seams were coming apart.

I was 15 and had a few months before I got my lisence. uncle Mayburn owned a body shop so after getting it home and cleaning it up some it was off to the body shop. $200 to repair and paint it. My brother & I were to do the trim removal and help with body work. 2 days after taking it I got a job and couldn't go work on it. It was ice blue with black vinyl top, I hated the light blue and told my uncle I wanted it midnight blue.

Since I couldn't go work on it he said it would be whatever color he felt like painting it. (he had a habit of mixing whatever paints he had)

Well it was midnight blue

View attachment N75Cuda.jpg

My 1st car was suppose to be a 67 Barracuda coupe that was yellow with black premium interior, slant 6, auto, factory air, ps and the fancy wheel covers. I was 14 and dad took me to a dealer that had it on the used car lot. He said if he bought it and I kept it clean then when i got my lisence he would sell it to me for $750. he paid $1400 for it. My sister was 2 years older and when she seen it she wanted it. Dad said we would find another.

Before I got my car my other sister needed a car and she ended up with a 67 Barracuda Formula S, so all 3 of us living at home and owned 67 Barracuda's

1963 Chevy Carryall (suburban)

IT was originally my fathers, then my brothers, then we gave it to our church to use as a sunday school bus.
When the tranmission went out, they parked it at our house.

When I turned 15 my dad suggested that I buy it back from the church. I got it for $75 bucks. Dad and I went to the junkyard and got a used transmission and had it running once again.

This was a great vehicle to have during Highschool, cause you could fit all your buddies in it and cruise around. I got it in 1975, and started driving in 76. Drove it several years. Painted it blue, swapped out the 292cu in six, for a 327.
I couldn't find a pic of it, but heres a pic of one I found on the internet.

Attachments

• 1963_Chevrolet_Suburban_Custom_Carryall_1.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 111
1970 Duster 340. It was a real 340 car painted an ugly brown even though it was originally orange and the title said it was black. Paid $800 for it in 1988. Fun car. It is the reason I went and bought the Formula S Barracuda. I would trade it for a similar 1970 340 Duster in a minute. Still my favorite car ever. (Looks like I gained some weight in the past 20+ years.)

Attachments

• Duster 2.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 104
  • Cuda.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 110
My first car that I owned was a 47 Willys Sedan delivery that I paid $25 for to a farmer that had it in his field for 20 years. Drug it home and a friend and I spent the summer pulling the engine out, cleaning out all the animal nests and trying to get it running. Got a 283 and powerglide for my 15th birthday and put that in it.

Had stump pulling gears in it, would only do 50 MPH tops with that 283 screaming at 4k, but I could hook on to anything and pull it and do great wheelies in it.

It was a rare one with 2 wheel drive and no windows in the back. Wish I still had it, left it sitting at my grandpa's farm and he sold it for $1700 back in 89. It wasn't much to look at, and hard to take on the highway, but it was a blast to drive.

It was similar to the one in the picture, but looked worse and was 2wd.

Attachments

• 48willys34434-1.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 101
First car was a 70 something Datsun that my uncle gave me when I was 15 then for graduation my parents gave me adark green 71 Scamp /6 all original until i swapped in a 318. Saddest part of that car was the fact that it ended up smashed into the back of a truck.

In '79 I bought a '68 Dart hardtop w/slant six and no fenders for $250. It was a great car for a year or so until I bought a '70 Swinger 340 4 speed.

My first car was a 1969 barracauda 340 i got when i was 16 and thats been since last summer.

My first car was a 1962 Corvair 2 dr. Had a 3 speed in the floor. I found
a wrecked 1963 Corvair Spyder Turbo and bought the engine, dash panel and
emblems. That was my first time for a Turbo car.

Hmmm... first car... 1968 Barracuda fastback... Still have it!!!! Wish I was still that skinny!!! Of course I was 16 there... now 41
brakes.JPG

Year was 1978,,,,,Mine was a 1964 Impala SS ......midnight blue, lite blue leather bucket seats, consol, 283 auto.......had it about a year....yep I wish I still had it........... But there was this car for sale up the road that i just had to have .... a 73/74 Dart Sport...Yellow, black stripes, cragers, Firestone Super Sport 50 on the rear, I went through a 360 a 340 and finially a 318..... I was hard on that car for about 2 years..lol... sold it for 200 dollars ..guy drove it away smoking like crazy.

it was 1976,the car was a 1967 barracuda,200 bucks,guy told me it didn't run,put a used starter in it an drove it home

my 1st was my 67 Barracuda when I was 14, didnt even know what a Barracuda was!! I wanted a 69 Camaro, saw the 67 parked on a street and had to have it, never looked back since, never owned a Chevy or Ford even 25 years later.

still have the Barracuda, although I havent driven it in over 10 years....*sigh*
I now drive a 06 Ram Cummins, wifes first car was a 74 Duster (still have it too).
now we have a 73 Dart Sport to play with as a drag car.

1st car was a '59 Chevy station wagon that I got from a neighbor in Rhode Island for a roll of dimes ($5.00). He was in the Navy and was being shipped out so he had to move it. It didn't run and even after I played with it a while, it didn't run when I sold it to another neighbor for the same $5.00!
#2 was a dune buggy my Dad and I built out of a '65 VW bug convertible
#3 a '53 Cadillac Ambulance that I drove across country with (and towed the buggy)
#4 '61 Valiant (finally a Mopar) 4dr 170 automatic... former government car.
#5 '63 MG Midget. Great little car that got 45MPG and a blast to drive.(except in winter)
#6 '66 Barracuda 273 4bbl 4speed 8 3/4 disc brake car that I still have
other currently registered vehicles include 2 other '66 Barracudas, a '78 W250, a '78 Commander motorhome, '73 D200 tow truck, '75 D300 flatbed and a '02 PT Cruiser that iis my wife's daily driver.
Plus thousands of other vehicles for parts and resale through my business. Lots of them I wish I still had and others I wish I had bought at the time! The stuff I passed on.....that would be another good thread......that I could just kick myself for now!

-
Back