Let's talk jeans!

-

doogievlg

Reaction score
This may sound a bit girly or whatever but I am about to make a switch away from wrangler jeans. I have worn pretty much nothing besides wranglers for the last decade and the harder I work the more it wears on the jeans. I got one pair of Levi jeans and they seem to be holding up well. I am sure other people on here go through jeans fairly quickly so I was wondering what brand everyone thinks holds up the best.

Key dungaree's. I use to wear Wranglers, but switched to Key's a couple years ago. I can usually buy them a little cheaper, and I believe they hold up better. Quit Levi's years ago. $$$

Wranglers for daily wear, Rustlers (Wally World brand) for work wear. I get about a year out of a pair normally, but if I spill acid, etc on them no biggie 'cuz they're only ten bucks a pair.
Usually buy the black ones...show less dirt & oil.
Color's gone after a year anyway.

American Eagle My son bought me two pair last July and I am liking them and there fit.
I am a (was) 501 button Levi man, they would last me a long time.

To go out I still wear Levi's , but the quality really has gone down. For work I wear the $10 ,rustler, architect, store brand and been known to pick up 2nd hand ones. Not going to pay big money on jeans that might not survive an afternoon in the garage.

cinch.... and their girl jean counterpart. wrangler makes a batter jean than the old mjw. last 20 % longer and cost 80 % more.. jean prices have gotten high.

I still have Levi's that are 20 yrs old. And I'm 58. Lately though, I like the Dickies Brand at Wally's. They hold up real good.

Last lime I bought denim, I noticed a serious QC difference between the Wranglers and Rustlers.

The Rustlers actually had straighter seams more symmetrical folds.

I'm a 505 guy. Blue and black. I wear them every day. have a couple of 501's good fitting jeans, too. I also have 4 pair of "Sawhorse" jeans. The are the carpenter's type jeans with all the loop and pockets, blue and beige, 2 pair of each. I wear them when I'm working on the house.
Have two pr of ballroom jeans from Duluth Trading. Expensive, but great for working in. A few pair of Carharts, too. mostly 505's though.

Diamond Gusset is a local brand made in Bon Aqua TN USA. Best jeans I've ever worn. my 2 cents and USA made!

lucky brand jeans. not cheap but so damn comfortable.
X2 , Ive worn Levi's for years, but you cant buy two pair that fit the same. I guess it depends what country made the levis, Bangladesh or India!

Faded Glory jeans from Wally world. Carpenter version with the hammer loop and plier pocket. I'm a bigger fella and have found these have the best fit and large front pocket openings, which is great for when I have my work gloves on and need to get my keys out for whatever reason. They also seem to have more room in the legs so even when crouching or stepping up high they don't bunch or ride. They're around 15 bucks a pair I think.

I see I'm not the only one to buy cheap when it comes to work clothes.

I have some five or six year Wranglers in the closet. Torn pockets, ripped at the knees from work, but the crotches are still in 'em. When I'm getting greasy I need something I don't care about getting greasy.

Have two pr of ballroom jeans from Duluth Trading. Expensive, but great for working in.

Can't afford 'em, but if I could I'd buy 'em just on the radio commercials.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfzKwtnLb9M"]Duluth Trading Radio Commercial: "Brainstorming" Ballroom Jeans - YouTube[/ame]

For everyday wear, I switched away from jeans to Duluth Trading's Firehose pants. Blue ones are my "jeans" and I have some khaki's too. They are around 45 bucks when they're on sale but they NEVER wear out. The material is comfortable and they look good. In the long run I think they are a good deal also for the fact that you're not going through the inconvenience of shopping every year.

I kept my old prematurely-worn Levi's for really dirty jobs.

Lady in the Dr. Hook vid is stellar.

Is she someone we should know?

I LOVE those Duluth TV ads.

...Randi Brooks.

Too much silicone for me but this view is OK-

Attachments

• randi brooks.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 278
Ugh! Sooooo worried about the mantle and its decorations while poking the fire!
Why???

Lady in the Dr. Hook vid is stellar.

Is she someone we should know?

Not that I know of. It's an old video from back when MTV used to play videos.

My dad used to get a kick out of the japanese tourists taking her picture as she walked by...

I'm a snob.....Levi's.

I wear nothin' but Levi's, but am not impressed with the quality any more. The crotch always ends up ripping out way before the rest of the jeans are worn out. I save them mostly for dress. For work I wear the cheapest khaki shorts I can find, usually $20 and they last for the year.

-
Back