LHT lugs

-

no1newb

Reaction score
does anyone know where i can get 10 left hand threaded lugs for a 65 drum (i think 9 inch, not sure) i posted it in this area because i dont know when they changed to right hand thread all around, 2 of my lugs are broken on my rear wheel and need to fix it soon.

I've some used ones for the rear axle. You may want to check with a brake shop that's been around a few decades for the front ones or luck out and find an original hub and drum assy. that still has some life left in it.

Do what the factory should have done and replace them all with right-hand thread lugs. The LH lugs aren't hard to find, but the nuts are, and if you decide to run mag wheels that take the shank-style lug nuts you will be screwed as they are next to impossible to find in LHT.

I agree with Optik on this one. I recently pressed out all my LH wheel studs since i had two broken already and replaced with RH ones. Was $10 for the whole passenger side.

Any auto store with brake and wheel part should sell/if not not be able to order them for you. All Mopars 1970 and old use LHT lug nuts,stud on the the pessenger side of the vehicle and RHT on the driver side. :cheers:

Do what the factory should have done and replace them all with right-hand thread lugs. The LH lugs aren't hard to find, but the nuts are, and if you decide to run mag wheels that take the shank-style lug nuts you will be screwed as they are next to impossible to find in LHT.

A big 10-4 on that!!

if you are swapping the fronts also -- be advised that the lugs are swedged & will need a special tool to remove . The rears are no problem but the bfh method on the front will cause grief, Lawrence

-
Back