Lifters oil restrictors?

-

Jax

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Taking to Indy today for the ordering of my 360-1 heads, they mentioned that I will have to use oil restrictors in my lifters bores....

Can you please share some light on this subject?

Taking to Indy today for the ordering of my 360-1 heads, they mentioned that I will have to use oil restrictors in my lifters bores....

Can you please share some light on this subject?
This is for oil through pushrod rocker? Only way I know to do that would be to tube the galley and then drill small holes in the tube at each lifter, unless there is some way to limit oil going to the galley on each side.
For shaft rocker oiling like on a normal LA head, you can simply isert an orifice into the block or the head on the passage that feeds the rockers.

Maybe you should ask Indy how they suggest going about it.

This is for oil through pushrod rocker? Only way I know to do that would be to tube the galley and then drill small holes in the tube at each lifter, unless there is some way to limit oil going to the galley on each side.
For shaft rocker oiling like on a normal LA head, you can simply isert an orifice into the block or the head on the passage that feeds the rockers.

Maybe you should ask Indy how they suggest going about it.
Yes LA oil feed type

If I restrict my
Oil I do it under the rocker shaft so if I want to go bigger or smaller it’s easy. I got the brass set screws on eBay but my buddy used stainless steel on his 440-1 heads over the weekend and they drill easily.

3A678AED-8C67-4BF4-80C3-07ABEA3D246B.jpeg

AC7830E3-093E-4593-8515-138D96B57215.jpeg

19CD837E-1010-4D2E-BBB8-D5BBFD2CFEAE.jpeg

Oil to the top end is not just to lubricate the rockers etc. It cools the valve springs so that they do not overheat & lose tension. I would leave a very well designed system.....alone.

the original system puts way too much oil there, we have ran restrictors. in our 340's for years, never had spring issues, or rocker arm or shaft issues, we use a .100 orfice , both sides, ran same valve springs for 800 runs, only lost 5 lbs , seat pressure, just food for thought.

-
Back