Light switch knob removal?

-

cruzin65dart

Reaction score
I am removing the instrument bezel on a 65 dart. How do you remove the knob from the light switch? Does it pull off or turn off? I am afraid to force it. The wiper switch had a set screw.

Pull the switch to the on position, reach up under the dash to the switch and find a button on the opposite side of the harness plug, then push it while pulling the knob and shaft out.

Pull the switch to the on position, reach up under the dash to the switch and find a button on the opposite side of the harness plug, then push it while pulling the knob and shaft out.
:cheers:Even though you know it's there, still a little tuff to contort! Sometimes easier to get to by taking screw out and moving fuse box. Remember to disconnect battery before you start! Best to go in the pass side on your back and lay on floor/hump/seat combo position!!!

Just a note,
Dont push that button to re install the stem. It has a tapered point to guide it past the catch mechanism.

ya what they said... the first time I removed one years ago I did it the hard way.... would have been great to know about that lil button.... I found it after I took the dash out.

-RPM

Nice little bit of info. as I,m about to remove the bezel on my 66 Dart.I have the last 2 nuts to remove for my dash replacement.This info will help!Thanks.

-
Back