Lighting improvements

-
Yeah the stuff on the cars needs to go.

Built a wire rack for the harness stuff. Wish I had a mill to do some of the work. Would have been easier than the drill press, grinder and round file.... Some ugly *** weld because it was windy. :)
Wire%20Rack.jpg

Mounted up on wall. Fricken stud finder was way off on where the stud actually was located!
Wire%20Rack2.jpg

Wire%20Rack1.jpg

Should hold about 12-18 spools of wire depending on spool size. Ordered up some 3/8" steel rod for the bracket.

Making a secondary bracket for shrink tube and a couple small spools of wire.

Yeah the stuff on the cars needs to go.

Built a wire rack for the harness stuff. Wish I had a mill to do some of the work. Would have been easier than the drill press, grinder and round file.... Some ugly *** weld because it was windy. :)
View attachment 1715021093

Mounted up on wall. Fricken stud finder was way off on where the stud actually was located!
View attachment 1715021094
View attachment 1715021095

Should hold about 12-18 spools of wire depending on spool size. Ordered up some 3/8" steel rod for the bracket.

Making a secondary bracket for shrink tube and a couple small spools of wire.

That's a great idea.

I'm a little concerned that you're so close to Palm Springs and couldn't get ahold of an accurate stud finder, though..... :D

That's a great idea.

I'm a little concerned that you're so close to Palm Springs and couldn't get ahold of an accurate stud finder, though..... :D

HAHA very funny MFer... No white party action going on here!

Compared to the old hillbilly engineered one, this one is stout!

Got some of the stuff loaded up on the rack. Clears a bunch of space on my bench. Need to trim the rods to fit and should be good to go.

Rack%20filled.jpg

I have enough room between levels to place a 5th rod in the center if need be.

Nice job you've done with the lighting & great score on the wire shelves for the Mopar garage.

Congrats on the new house too!! :D

Just a thought... I made some LED light fixtures using "Ballast bypass LED bulbs" The bulbs are less than $10 each and all you really need is the little tombstones which you can get at Ace for $1.99 a pair. Only one end of the bulb is hot, the other end just holds the bulb in place. I made an 8 ft "fixture" out of some metal rain gutter (>$4). I mounted the little tombstones and hung the light./ GREAT Light, no weight, no ballast, no hum/flickering and the last light fixture you'll ever have to buy. 4600 Lumens. I got inspired by the idea and made another one using PVC (bulbs are "damp area" usage) to hang under the eve over the outside of the garage door. I wired this one to the light in the garage door. My wife loves the light coming on when she opened the garage door.

49T&C

I got 8 F40's in 4X2 fixtures and its bright as day in there, I actually have 1 with no bulbs in it over the car as its not needed yet. I'm going to put a 5th on the wall in front of the car so when the hoods back on I got some direct lighting in there too. Best thing is I work in telephone closets all day and you find all kinds of stuff forgotten in those! Like a case of F40 cool whites (hell yeah, the place was empty between tenants!) and the fixtures were from a wreck out of an office when I was doing a disconnect. There must have been a pile of 30 there. Lots of places retrofitting to smaller T8 bulbs or even the more efficient LED's .

-
Back