Lil Red Express.

-
some claim it was a 340 cam but most say it was just a production 360 cam... it did come with a double chain, big thermoquad, higher stall converter 727 with a factory shift improver kit of some sorts and a 3.55 open rear.
The truck part was an emissions work-around, but I'm sure not in Commiefornia. Either way, My Buddy's averaged 15.90's, ran 15.60 as a best IIRC.. and still out-ran the '79 'vette 0-60..LOL...

Father in law has a Warlock 2 wheel drive factory 440.
Thats a little more than a trim package and alot more than a 360.

Just picked these up

D7F07CE4-2483-4F73-B6EC-AD054AD86A44.jpeg

91F821C4-6A33-4A04-ADB5-72EF14824168.jpeg

If my old brain is remembering right.
There was the Adult Toys, then the Warlock, then the Warlock II.

Father in law has a Warlock 2 wheel drive factory 440.
Thats a little more than a trim package and alot more than a 360.

yea the warlock was just a trim package that you could get diffenent engines in.. the LRE was a complete package that only came that one way. 360,727, 9 1/4 with 3.55.

Last edited:
yea the warlock was just a trim package that you could get diffenent engines in.. the LRE was a complete package that only came that one way. 360,727, 9 1/4 with 3.55.
Actually the LRE was also built with a 440 for Canada also.
440-red (2).jpg

Just asking if anyone knows if the 78 super coupe had the same engine as the lil red

Thanks, I have heard both ways. I have one that is low mileage but a shame it isn’t a low rust car

I bought the car a few years back. Started and ran great. Frame rails were rusted bad floors gone. I really do like the looks of it but it got put on the back burner

The Little Red Express is another one of those off subject vehicles I keep an eye for. Locally of course.

Used to be a web site specializing in them with a fair amount of both used and repro parts sources.

-
Back