Line locks

-

Ironmike

Reaction score
Wondered which line lock device you guys are using. There are quite a few out there, and I want to get one that really works.

Also...plumbing. Will I be bypassing the stock distribution block?

Thanks guys!

Summit Brand...

I go straight out of the master cylinder to the line lock to the distribution block...pretty simple.

I think mine was Summit brand as well. I relocated the proportioning valve under the master cylinder, so you can see all the plumbing.

Attachments

• IMG_1944.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 219
Biondo, straight out of the master cylinder to the line lock to the distribution block.

Fred B

I wish I could tell you the brand of mine but I don't know what it is. Instead of locking the front wheels, it blocks brake fluid from flowing to the rear brakes. So only the front brakes work when the brake pedal is pressed. It's installed down line of the prop valve.

Clinteg--I looked into doing that and in the NHRA book it stated that a line lock is only to be used in conjunction with the front brakes,Now don't beat me up on this but I read that somewhere in the book and thought what the hell do they care where the line lock goes????? but they micro manage ALOT with race cars and doubt you would be called out on it--Steve

I just checked out the Hurst Roll Control. I used a Hurst many, many years ago and it worked fine. Their instructions want you to bypass the distribution block, which contradicts what a lot of guys have said. Wonder whats the deal there....

I put a Summit one on my car and it never worked from day one. I believe I'm using a B&M one now and it works good.

Hurst. Installed between master cylinder and block. I have had no issues. Not sure why you would not use the block, it is there to keep the rear wheels from locking up under braking.

Using a TCI Roll Stop. Been on many years and have used same brand on other cars with no problems.

hi, hurst, had mine since 1972, still works wonderful. install between master cyl and dist block. this way it holds front brakes and blocks rear brakes. also, you can still have rear brakes functioning, same time. I would follow the NHRA rules.

Ive had the Hurst Line lock on my car since 1977 and it still works fine today.

-
Back