Links to reasonably priced electrical terminals and housings.

-
This terminal

02965510-L Aptiv (formerly Delphi) | Mouser

will not work in some Mopar connectors. You MUST have the type where the sides wrap around

2465x1__43552.1295550729.380.500.jpg

I got some at a place called "clips and fasteners" but last I checked the price had gone way up

If you have the part number from their website, you can search it on Mouser and they should have them.

Thanks for posting.

I recall getting most "56 Terminals" (Packard) from ebay, some gold-plated. 1960's GM cars also used them, so should be long available. I did buy some parts like plastic housings from an auto electric supply (might have been www.electerm.com). Use these search terms and vendors will pop up. I bought the special release tool for the female terminals, which works well. A small screwdriver doesn't work well, due to the tapered end. Before the tool, I used a small saw blade from the dollar store which was the correct width. To release the male 56 terminals, you squeeze longitudinally at the base. I used needle-nose pliers before I found a special pliers tool w/ "rails" which makes it easier. You could customize needle-nose just for this task by bending the noses so they contact right at the terminal's base. Those with 1960's cars need to know that the steering shaft connector uses "Packard twin-lock" terminals, which were also on Fords, but the plastic housings are unique to Mopars.

-
Back