list of terms only Mopar people know

-
Sonoramic if it has not already been mentioned. Super-lite. Ball and Trunnion.

Pushbutton. Might be wrong on this one.

Sox and Martin

Damn skippy.

I don't think these cool colors have been mentioned yet:
Tor Red
Blue Fire
Jamaica Blue
Vitamin C
Hemi Orange
Mood Indigo
Curious Yellow
Lime Light
Bahama Blue
Street Hemi Orange (engines)
Race Hemi Orange (engines)

And what about:
Bumblebee Racing Stripes
GTS
GSS
300E
426 Stage II
426 Stage III
Super Commando
SonoRamic Commando Power
Golden Commando
Fire Dome
Fire Power
Music Master Radio

What about Shark tooth grille?!? People just stare out you when you mention that on a Duster.

Pushbutton. Might be wrong on this one.

You're right, the push button transmission is Not unique to Chrysler, either...

AMC Rambler & Ambassador (except American) 1958-1962
Edsel 1958 (upper line Corsair and Citation only)

The Rambler and Chrysler products had the pushbuttons to the left of the steering column. The Edsel had the pushbuttons in the steering wheel hub.

Renault offered a push button controlled automatic transmission on one of their models that succeeded the disastrous Dauphine. This slightly larger, squared-off model (The Renault 10??) used solenoids and servos to shift its manual gearbox, and the driver used push buttons (to the left of the steering wheel!!) to select gears. Like most other Renault innovations of that era, it was extremely prone to breakdown and was short-lived.

Pentastar

ON THE PASSENGER SIDE ONLY!!!

I have seen chevy guys restore mopars and they always think the pentastar is missing from the driver side fender.

While true, I am putting one on the drivers side as well. It just looks stupid with one on it.

Semi-Hemi

Another term not unique to Chrysler Corp.

The Chevy Big blocks were true Semi-Hemis, as were the Ford Boss 429's, and both were called by that designation.

In 1965, Chevrolet formally announced a new big block V8. Available first as a 396 cubic inch version, the engine eventually evolved to displacements of 402, 427 and 454 CI. Eventually, enthusiasts could buy a 572 cubic inch crate motor based on the same engine block.

Even after the engine was introduced, many people still continued to refer to it as the Mystery Engine. When the valve covers were removed, hot rodders noticed that, unlike the mouse motor which had the valve stems neatly lined up in a row, the valves in the new engine were canted at various angles. Because of this, the engine also gained the nick-name of the Porcupine V8. When engine builders started modifying the engine for racing, they noted that the cylinder heads had a somewhat hemispherical design. The engine wasn’t a true hemi, but it wasn’t exactly a wedge head, either. Thus the engine earned another name: the Semi-Hemi.

Also, the Ford Boss 429 and the Ford 427 SOHC were also called a "Semi Hemi" engines.
Ford had "Hemi" heads for the 429/460 block, also, that were used in NASCAR racing. The 429 version being available in the Boss 429 Mustang in 1969-70.

Additional versions of the Boss 429 engine were also made for the 1969 Can-Am racing championship. Using an aluminum block, in addition to a dry sump oil system and fuel injection, the engine was bored and stroked to 494 cubic inches,

Fluid Drive

Power Wagon

D500

Gyro-Matic

La Femme

Swept Wing

Hy-Drive

Hy-Fire

Highway Hi-Fi

Swivel Action

Toilet Seat

Golden Commando

Engine callout
White Hat special
Spring Special
Se

For some reason as I read the answers, I wonder if Cheech and Chong were consultants for naming some of these things. " Hey man that cars purple, but it needs a really cool name like I don't know, Purple Haze." No man get it right Holmes, only Mexican Americans would like that man. It's gotta be something cool and hip like Plum Crazy man, so the white people will dig it man.""You are so right man." "What about the orange color?" I don't know man but I could go for some mangos right now." "Righteous..."

-
Back