List your tricks for setting up your vac advance from scratch.

-

cudaspaz

Reaction score
My motor never had it hooked up and is tuned accordingly.

What do I have to do to get this thing right?

I have a strip dominator and a solid lift cam .555 lift.

It likes to diesel on shut down and don't idle for crap under 1100 rpm, and seems to be dumping fuel into the crankcase.

Need some solid advice here.

Something don't sound right there Spaz.

But, the answer to your question is;

Set it to min. advance and crank it up till performance falls off or till it pings and back it down 2 - 3*'s. Total should be somewhere around 52* total, vacuum and mechanical.

But I don't think this is the soulution to your issues though. I think it more carb related and timin in addition to it all. Does this carb idle on other engines?

Something don't sound right there Spaz.

But, the answer to your question is;

Set it to min. advance and crank it up till performance falls off or till it pings and back it down 2 - 3*'s. Total should be somewhere around 52* total, vacuum and mechanical.

But I don't think this is the soulution to your issues though. I think it more carb related and timin in addition to it all. Does this carb idle on other engines?

Haven't tried it on another engine, but I never was happy with this carb in the first place.

What are the rest of the engine specs? Vacuum doesnt do anything in regard to idle... So what is the current timing curve set up?

-
Back