LMFAO Anybody figure out what this is?

-
That notch on the dist hold down is there so you can't adjust the magnum dist but so far. Look at the housing on the magnum dist, you'll see the recess that the tab fits in. Absolutely no problem grinding it off for your purpose.

S..........what I figgured, LOL. I didn't feel like hosing up another LA one so I just ground it. That clamp will have a mag dist under it, of course, when that engine goes into the Dakota. I may find another Mag clamp..........I've got at least 6 or 7 LOL

Oh, and pretty cool with the homemade plate and hei in a box.!

Thanks!!! I built the ignition when I put HEI in the Dart for an easy emergency backup..........and ended up using it to test fire several engines, maybe 4 of 'em now. This one here I didn't even bother to put manifolds on!!! Just hoisted it up with chain, put a jumper around the cooler lines, and away we went!!

34nf6l0-jpg.jpg

This 69 year "old man" had one hell of a day yesterday and today. Just got in at 7PM local time, after it cooled down a bit and I got stuff cleaned up, I hooked up the trailer and moved the project back into the hoist. "I AM DONE" for today!!

IMG_1037.JPG

It's a restrictor plate for Madonna's hooha.

Your da man. You put stuff together like childs play and I'm still screwing around with heat problems. Speaking of heat I'll be passing through your area about 6 or 7 AM Tues morning , headed for Butte.

Aw geez, Dick. Maybe you don't know, I'm working again.......4 days 6 hours a day, and probably soon to be 7 hours. Of Fri and Weekend Keep in touch, maybe on the trip back............You still have my phone?

Aw geez, Dick. Maybe you don't know, I'm working again.......4 days 6 hours a day, and probably soon to be 7 hours. Of Fri and Weekend Keep in touch, maybe on the trip back............You still have my phone?
Yep. That's OK I'm going to be pressed for time

Nice work, picked up a 4 speed OD and bellhousing no one wants, may have to keep the bell around for firing up motors on a test stand

Nice work, picked up a 4 speed OD and bellhousing no one wants, may have to keep the bell around for firing up motors on a test stand

You may have noticed I didn't even use a bell. I've been going to take the Lakewood engine plate and make a stronger "test plate" just enough to support the starter

I also recently acquired a 46RE with a broken bell. I tried to cut the starter support out, but my plasma cutter is not up to the job. Sawzall, I guess. Also thinking of trashing a converter to make a "test flywheel"

Dang Del, missed this until you linked to it. Nice job!

I can't believe it ran. I would have figured with the tortured path the air/fuel would have to take that it would never fire. Very cool!

Well it wasn't to make "dyno" hp LOL. There's a YouTube video someone put a lawn mower carb on a Ford, I think!!!

I bet it would do better than you think. "273 2bbl" maybe Decades ago, I experimented with a 283 sized Rochester 2 jet on the 440 RR

LOL During the 70's "gas shortage" Crower (I think) made 440 conversion kits to 4 whangers. Can you imagine a 220 cube 440? Kits were a mess. I can't imagine they sold many

The patent
US3874358A - Engine conversion system - Google Patents

s-l1600.jpg

^^YUP that's right, fake piston slugs that banged around and slid up and down in the cylinders. Doesn't THAT sound efficient?

(Until I finally saw what was in these, I'd always assumed they were clamp-on bob weights on the crank)

Ok, that's some wild stuff there. Not too different than the current MDS stuff in the new Hemi's, just more permanent.

-
Back