Loads, trailers and tow rigs that should have never been on the road.. Add yours

-
I think I have a "winner".

Attachments

• STUPID.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 578

Sad....

I actually squinted to look at the license plate in the picture, because that looks just like one of the trucks my uncle owned, and thats the kind of stuff he does... But I don't see my Rear Window/Cab Guard on it that my dad and I built for him (its been installed on no less than 30 of those cheby trucks since we made it), so it must not be him.

Besides thinking of this, actually loading it, and being dumb enough to actually drive it some where, How do you even start to unload this? Just untying the ropes or straps puts you in danger.

attachment.php

So besides the danger to himself, and anyone around this vehicle, this idiot actually thought it was cheaper to sacrifice (notice the damage to the bed near the car's front wheels, among other obvious damages) a truck then rent a trailer?

btw, kudos to the truck.

attachment.php

:shock: No comment...

MTZe6ck.jpg

Actually, a fifth wheel hitch on a mini truck is not that uncommon. I have one on my Ranger that I use to haul this,View attachment rsz_20130606_154632.jpg

19 foot single axle, nowhere near as crazy as it sounds.

I do have an example of my own stupidity. Last summer during my move back to Saskatchewan, I needed an enclosed trailer, so I gutted an old rotted out 25' travel trailer and loaded it up with household goods. Turns out the frames are like spaghetti and the wall structure ripped away from the framerails because of flex. Limped into a storage yard without incident, but that load needed to be better thought out.

Tow truck in Manila..
I think it needs frame connectors.

Attachments

• sept. 30 2010 2268_1.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 513
  • sept. 30 2010 2270_1.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 520
Tow truck in Manila..
I think it needs frame connectors.

Judging by the 6 Lug Wheels, its an old Isuzu or Nissan (one of the import mini pickups for sure). All of the import mini trucks ran a Box Frame, which were famous for rotting out from the inside, usually right behind the cab. $5 says that frame has almost completely rusted away right behind the doors

I towed this for 1,800 miles............1962 Valiant behind a 1993 Ford Falcon sedan, 4.0 inline SOHC 6, 5sp manual, 3.27 LSD.....towed in 4th gear sitting on 3,000 to 3,200 rpm @ 65 to 70 mph.....no worries at all.

Attachments

• IMGP6623.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 486
A friend and I towed my 1962 M37 Dodge Power Wagon on a standard 2 axle race car trailer from up around Atlanta back to Macon. With his Dakota. When I pulled the M37 onto the trailer, It mashed the back of the trailer to the ground lifting the back end of the Dakota in the air. I had to get my son to hold the brakes on the Dakota to keep it from rolling so I could pull the truck all the way on the trailer. Those trucks weigh around 6K pounds. The Dakota did NOT like pulling it and liked stopping even less, but we got it home and in one piece. Of all the vehicles I have ever had, I wish I still had that truck. It's top speed was 50 going downhill in a tail wind since it had 5.83 gears in both axles, but it would climb a tree. I will get another one some day.

A friend and I towed my 1962 M37 Dodge Power Wagon on a standard 2 axle race car trailer from up around Atlanta back to Macon. With his Dakota. When I pulled the M37 onto the trailer, It mashed the back of the trailer to the ground lifting the back end of the Dakota in the air. I had to get my son to hold the brakes on the Dakota to keep it from rolling so I could pull the truck all the way on the trailer. Those trucks weigh around 6K pounds. The Dakota did NOT like pulling it and liked stopping even less, but we got it home and in one piece. Of all the vehicles I have ever had, I wish I still had that truck. It's top speed was 50 going downhill in a tail wind since it had 5.83 gears in both axles, but it would climb a tree. I will get another one some day.

An old Power Wagon is on my list too.

Judging by the 6 Lug Wheels, its an old Isuzu or Nissan (one of the import mini pickups for sure). All of the import mini trucks ran a Box Frame, which were famous for rotting out from the inside, usually right behind the cab. $5 says that frame has almost completely rusted away right behind the doors

Yeah, lots of Isuzu diesels over there. Virtually all the jeepneys are Isuzu diesels. Kinda weird since gas there is cheap (i figured it to be about $.75 per gallon) at least when I was there.

X2! Should I not be loaning my trailer to Chuck anymore?
:tongue9:
Nah as long as yours is fit for road use lmao . I will let chuck tell the story hahahaha I will just say I thought i was really going to die . But it was not the 1st time i thought i was going to die riding with him lol Inside joke coming up for chuckie ...... Passport .... oh **** oh **** oh **** . Tracker ......... Oh **** .... damn it chuck ! . ........ Now to the time yalls wanting to know .... I could not say nothing but chuck chuck chuck chuck ..... I was that scard lol .

Nah as long as yours is fit for road use lmao . I will let chuck tell the story hahahaha I will just say I thought i was really going to die . But it was not the 1st time i thought i was going to die riding with him lol Inside joke coming up for chuckie ...... Passport .... oh **** oh **** oh **** . Tracker ......... Oh **** .... damn it chuck ! . ........ Now to the time yalls wanting to know .... I could not say nothing but chuck chuck chuck chuck ..... I was that scard lol .
and you went home without a scratch every time.

Long story short, forced move forced us to use a 98 grand Cherokee and a sh!tyy trailer to relocate my wife's (at the time) 98 gmc jimmy and it fish tailed horribly when an 18 wheeler passed us

and you went home without a scratch every time.

Long story short, forced move forced us to use a 98 grand Cherokee and a sh!tyy trailer to relocate my wife's (at the time) 98 gmc jimmy and it fish tailed horribly when an 18 wheeler passed us

HMMMM... Tell us the rest of that story now.

-
Back