Locking Gas Cap $600.00 ROFLMAO!

-
$50 I contacted him about a supposedly NOS front hood moulding for $600 and he was a azz when he responded. I politely told him that a 66 Dart is only worth $20,000 if it was museum quality and a $600 stick of chrome is a stretch.

I just sent him a question on ebay. I asked if it was the rare 24k gold plated gas cap option.

Its worth $0.00 because no one will pay that much.
Do those really fit under a flip top?
Mine has the cap on a spring inside the flip top, and it doesn't look like that will fit.
He also has a set of valve covers listed as GTX but they look like a-body.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...viewitem=&_trkparms=clkid=8553111263471374669

I know this seller has been bashed before but this is totally silly.

What is it really worth?

A lot of those were floating around NOS for some time for about $60-80 10 years ago. They are still out there. Probably worth $150 - $250.

But the Challenger locking gas caps in it's various 70, 71 ECS, non ECS forms could get up there. It is much much more rare. Even for that, $600 would be a stretch, but not a ton.

Its worth $0.00 because no one will pay that much.
Do those really fit under a flip top?
Mine has the cap on a spring inside the flip top, and it doesn't look like that will fit.
He also has a set of valve covers listed as GTX but they look like a-body.

Yes, they do fit under the cap. I have one for my car.

That's ridiculous .

I can't stand it when people think that what they have is worth so much more than it is and what bothers me more is knowing that ebay is open to the world and they might find someone who does not know any better that may buy it.

I would fashion a gas cap out of aluminum foil before I dropped $600.00 on one LOL

Jeez....I'm gonna have to check my shelves! I used to have a bunch of those.....maybe I can finally retire! :)

Thats is only a few miles from me. (Belding MI)
And yes most people around here are way over priced on everything. It makes it hard to get parts. And when we keep seeing prices this high we kinda start to think it is normal....lol

Even the junk yards are extremely high! And he probably owns one.

I see many great deals on FABO; although they are always somewhere else.

i have always laughed at people that list hemi sun visor tips.....nos ones to boot....

Kinda makes the reproduction pieces we have in stock seem like a good deal.....

Fuel Locking Cap For Flip Top Caps
This is a perfect reproduction of the non-vented Fuel tank filler tube locking cap. This locking cap fits inside the filler tube and locks in place with one of
the two keys provided. Found under flip top caps only. Original part #2925 881. Note: This is not a substitute for the flip top cap itself, but goes along
with it to secure fuel spillage and fuel theft.
RD-25881
1967-69 Barracuda with Flip Top Caps
1967 GTX
1968-70 Charger with Flip Top Caps Fuel Tank Locking Cap

$ 69.00 ea

You can get a custom one for way less than that ...

axle transplant 013.jpg

I would tell dude to take his gas cap and turn it sideways then shove it, but sideways looks less painful so I would leave that out.

Since we are talking about gas caps, I am thinking about putting a flip top on my 70 duster that is never going to be numbers and even if it was, it wouldnt be anything special. I am considering the cuda fuel cap. anyone have any input?

Hey whats up guys!
1st as rediculous as that sale price is, you are all forgetting about the guy that pays to have his car built! He is the schmuck thats sitting at home on ebay searching for parts that his builder said they needed to find. He obviously has money to burn and occasionally will pay it! Thats exactly why that A$$ has it priced so rediculously high! People with too much money to begin with! LOL

JOMOPER--- How the hell did you crack it? LOL Drill a hole with a nail and hammer? LOL Just kidding man. But seriously it must have taken a bit. DELRIN is made to be machined!
I havent had anymore made. I actually only have one left. A guy contacted me about it a while back, but we lost contact. Im sure if that thread get dragged up again, it will be time for another order.

Hey whats up guys!
1st as rediculous as that sale price is, you are all forgetting about the guy that pays to have his car built! He is the schmuck thats sitting at home on ebay searching for parts that his builder said they needed to find. He obviously has money to burn and occasionally will pay it! Thats exactly why that A$$ has it priced so rediculously high! People with too much money to begin with! LOL

JOMOPER--- How the hell did you crack it? LOL Drill a hole with a nail and hammer? LOL Just kidding man. But seriously it must have taken a bit. DELRIN is made to be machined!
I havent had anymore made. I actually only have one left. A guy contacted me about it a while back, but we lost contact. Im sure if that thread get dragged up again, it will be time for another order.

It was most likely that China drill bit that wouldn't even work as a nail.

Not the materials or designs fault it wasn't secured in the vise flew out hit the concrete floor ! #-o

But back to the subject of this thread I think some of these items sell at ridiculously high prices because if it's the last item you need to complete your restoration than it's worth it to you.Now if on the other hand your trying to accumulate parts for a restoration that's gonna be one costly build!

Thats is only a few miles from me. (Belding MI)
And yes most people around here are way over priced on everything. It makes it hard to get parts. And when we keep seeing prices this high we kinda start to think it is normal....lol

Even the junk yards are extremely high! And he probably owns one.

I see many great deals on FABO; although they are always somewhere else.

I see by what he's asking that you may have a drug problem there

I would tell dude to take his gas cap and turn it sideways then shove it, but sideways looks less painful so I would leave that out.

Since we are talking about gas caps, I am thinking about putting a flip top on my 70 duster that is never going to be numbers and even if it was, it wouldnt be anything special. I am considering the cuda fuel cap. anyone have any input?

I did it mine awhile back; I bought a flip top from P.G. Classics and bought an adapter from one of our FABO guys to make it work.
Here's the earlier thread with photos:
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=53282&page=8 .

-
Back