lokar kickdown linkage

-

Gerry Holmes

Reaction score
the lokar kickdown linkage seem to be made for a Holley carb that has a downward extension on the throttle linkage that moves toward the front of the car when the upper part is pulled back by the throttle cable, thus allowing for a forward pull on the lokar cable. the stock AFB's have only an upper linkage which works on a pull and doesn't allow for a push to the lokar cable. anyone worked this one out? i'll find a solution, but if anyone has solved it already great, let me know. thanks Gerry

Hi Gerry

Here's my set-up on the Edelbrock...not sure if it's exactly the same as
your AFB

Tony

Attachments

• Lokar01 (Medium).jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 1,090
  • Lokar02 (Medium).jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 928
  • Lokar03 (Medium).jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 1,132
  • Lokar04 (Medium).jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 1,725
Thanks for the quick reply Tony. Unfortunately the original AFB doesn't have the downward leg on the linkage where you have the lokar bolted to!

:eek:ops:Not trying to step on Tony's toes but I would use Bouchillon's cable kickdown and trottle cable setup. Made by Mopar people for Mopars. The bracket that attaches to the carb on the Lokar setup is weak to say the least. I didn't care for the way it flex back and forth.

http://www.bouchillonperformance.com/BPEtkdc.asp

Attachments

• 57HemiINSTALL.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 726
The Lokar bracket may look weak, but is more than suitable to handle the 3 or 4 pound push on the throttle pressure lever of the transmission. also for those contemplating buying a kickdown cable, i bought mine from CFR performance on Amazon for $42.00 with brackets. It's seem to be identical to the Lokar cable. CFR says that they set up a factory to produce the cable for some large company? and now they don't sell to them, and wouldn't revel the name. i've now installed the kickdown and its works great and is excellant quality, had to put it in a vise to bend the bracket slightly.

The Lokar bracket may look weak, but is more than suitable to handle the 3 or 4 pound push on the throttle pressure lever of the transmission. also for those contemplating buying a kickdown cable, i bought mine from CFR performance on Amazon for $42.00 with brackets. It's seem to be identical to the Lokar cable. CFR says that they set up a factory to produce the cable for some large company? and now they don't sell to them, and wouldn't revel the name. i've now installed the kickdown and its works great and is excellant quality, had to put it in a vise to bend the bracket slightly.

Hi, would you care to post a link for this kit?

i bought mine from CFR performance on Amazon for $42.00 with brackets. It's seem to be identical to the Lokar cable.

gotta watch some of those cheaper look alikes because the fittings are cheaper metal and break easy. had a friend save some money with a look alike and boy did the fitting break easy. i couldn't believe it.. i had put quite a few lokar set ups on before that and that cheapo broke way too easy on me.. not sure how yours is made but its something to be conscience about..

I would use Bouchillon's cable kickdown and trottle cable setup. Made by Mopar people for Mopars. The bracket that attaches to the carb on the Lokar setup is weak to say the least. I didn't care for the way it flex back and forth.

the lokar is a lot cleaner looking install in my opinion..

and if your getting flex like that on your lokar set up then your cables are not adjusted properly.

Hi, would you care to post a link for this kit?

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/CHRYSLER-727-TRANSMISSION-KICKDOWN-CABLE/dp/B004W837Y2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1339844877&sr=8-1&keywords=CFR+performance+mopar+kickdown+cable"]Amazon.com: CHRYSLER 727 TRANSMISSION KICKDOWN CABLE KIT: Automotive[/ame]

return springs [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Mota-Performance-A40322-Throttle-Return/dp/B002ZMHFPE/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1339844954&sr=8-3-fkmr0&keywords=CFR+performance+throttle+return+spring"]Amazon.com: Mota Performance A40322 Throttle Return Spring Kit: Automotive[/ame]

Joe beat me to the link...

That's a big price difference. Anyone have any real world experience using this kit over an extended time period?

Thanks for the link I'll be needing a 904 kit though. Doesn't look like they have one for the 904.

Add, they also tell you, and sell the linkage adaptors. And he personally talks to you on the phone.

-
Back