Long road trip in new purchase (74 A body)

-
you haven't said how much the plane fair is, if its 200 or less, Id take the flight, drive the car, pick up some basic tools at the local pawn shop the car is it, just get the current owner to send you a close up shot of the color of the trans fluid if its an auto, if its red I would do it, brown I wouldn't, cause that's one of the few things you aint fixin on the road, I,ve done it in my forty's and would do it now in my fiftys!

Picked mine up 300 miles away... I did have a chase car (gf) but I cruised my *** home just fine.

If the car isn't a good enough deal for you to risk it, than don't do it.

That's a little different animal than an old Mopar. Hahah. One of my best friends and I drove up to northern Ohio, traded plus cash the car we drove.... Turned around and drove it back to central Florida where we were working for a few months. It was a 55,000 mile 67 Dart 273 car. It was miserable cold in Ohio. The heater worked fantastic too. Once we got to Florida, the AC worked wonderfully at the time. See my thread about AC. Anyway, we knew nothing of the car except what the owner told me. He was 100% straight up too. We took a spare alternator, oil, gas, tools, water pump maybe etc. We never had to add oil and she ran flawless. I picked up a 2 year old 12,000 mile F-350 with a buddy (he bought) and it blew the head gasket issue. So I guess there's no way of telling. But I will never forget the fun we had driving that car 16 hours. I should just drive this thing if it checks out. I'll let you guys know. If I snag it, I'll post pics and do a thread.

you haven't said how much the plane fair is, if its 200 or less, Id take the flight, drive the car, pick up some basic tools at the local pawn shop the car is it, just get the current owner to send you a close up shot of the color of the trans fluid if its an auto, if its red I would do it, brown I wouldn't, cause that's one of the few things you aint fixin on the road, I,ve done it in my forty's and would do it now in my fiftys!

I'm working out of town and discovered it locally. I'm 700 miles from home. I'm going to go really dig into it this week. I just have to have a game plan if/when I get it. Just trying to think it though first for some reason.

A little Marvel in the oil, Sea Foam in the tank, pressure cap loose a click. Check the trans fluid, power steering, tire pressure(spare too), jack, exhaust so you're not poisoned, wiggle the drive shaft, belts tight, lights, battery and any grounds you can find. Wipers and heat should work. Most important thing is the radio. Then go. At seventy it only has to run for ten hours. If we knew the route, we could look out for you.

-
Back