-
Status
Not open for further replies.

MMissile

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Contact seller
Hi folks...Looking for a gas cap for Krusty. I'm looking for a EV2 paintcode cap. Faded and patina fine....just looking for a correct appearing piece.

Thanks, Mike.

Hi folks...Looking for a gas cap for Krusty. I'm looking for a EV2 paintcode cap. Faded and patina fine....just looking for a correct appearing piece.

Thanks, Mike.
What year and model is Krusty?

70 Duster. Thanks.
Krusty left side shop.jpg

I have a few caps floating around. Do you have a photo (top and bottom would be helpful) of what you're looking for?

I have a few caps floating around. Do you have a photo (top and bottom would be helpful) of what you're looking for?

Thanks, Mike.

Gas Caps by year.jpeg

Thank you. I don't have any idea what year filler tube I bought. I'll look. I'll be cutting the tube, just to leave enough for the cap. The cap will be for aesthetics only....

There are two different ones used in 1970. Before and after Jan 1 1970 build dates. Late '70 is the same as the '71. Early '70 models used the '67-9 cap.

Correct finish is what I'm looking for. I'll mount whatever correct looking cap I purchase.

Last edited:
The lugs size and depth need to match the filler neck if you want it to fit tight and have the handle clocked at the correct angle.

It's going to be permanently mounted. The car has a fuel-cell, and I can adjust the location.
I could buy a new one, but painting and aging it, would be more difficult than what I'll do with a correct-finish cap.

Phooey. I checked my stash, the only one I can find is a 73 and it's chrome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back