Long Time Lurker...Finally Got My Demon!

-

Socohawk

Reaction score
Hey everyone! My name is Brad and I'm from Northern Virginia. I'm a long time lurker on the site, bought a few items off members but now I can officially say that I am a proud A Body owner! Ever since I was a teenager I always wanted a Demon and the other night my dream became a reality as it was dropped off after its cross country journey. Yes, a risky move since I didn't see it in person but the timing was right and I had the funds. You miss 100% of the shots you dont take, right? Anyway, it's a 72 that came off the line with a slant 6. Factory EV2 car but aside from that its your standard Dart/Demon. Two issues right off the bat: it wont run unless a battery jump box is attached to the terminals and the front fenders look to be off a Dart Swinger. Hopefully just a bad battery and I couldn't tell the fenders were Swinger fenders from the photos...may have to find some real Demon fenders in the future. Floor pans are meh...one small hole on the drivers side. Trunk pan is ok but very thin with a few small holes here and there. Will probably replace floor pans and trunk in the future. First upside: One of the the previous owners installed a 8.75 rear end. It's a 741 case but I have a 489 that I can throw on soon. Looks like they didnt swap out the axles as they look to be small bolt pattern (bummer). Not sure if its a sure grip but I'll find out soon. Other upside: while looking through the trunk I found a cardboard box and sitting inside was a VERY clean set of small block X heads! Since I plan on a 340 swap in the future these may come in handy. This is a long term project as I've got three kids under 7 and work full time on nights. I expect it to take a few years before this is complete but I look forward to the ups and downs of the restoration. I will definitely be leaning on this community as I know a little but theres a TON I dont understand about the mechanical side. Thanks for having me and I look forward to engaging with the A Body community!

1972Demon.jpg

1972Demon2.jpg

Got your Demon?
For a minute, I thought you needed an exorcism. LOL
Seriously, Welcome to the site. NICE car. Keep it the orange color!
Dude, you are in the right place to get any kind of help on your Demon.
There are lots of experts on every thinkable A Body related topic here. If you are mechanically inclined, you will be able to accomplish anything with our help.

Welcome aboard:canada:(long time coming lol)! Looks like a great car! Fyi the 489 very well could have came with sbp axles as the changeover year I believe was 73+.
Good luck and keep us posted! :thumbsup:

Haha thanks! Yes, the plan is to keep it EV2. I was trying to think of a good vanity plate for this car and decided on CPTHWDY. "Captain Howdy", the name of the demon from the Exorcist:icon_fU:
Got your Demon?
For a minute, I thought you needed an exorcism. LOL
Seriously, Welcome to the site. NICE car. Keep it the orange color!
Dude, you are in the right place to get any kind of help on your Demon.
There are lots of experts on every thinkable A Body related topic here. If you are mechanically inclined, you will be able to accomplish anything with our help.

Welcome from the motor city. Thanks for the teaser pics! Hoping for a lot more. Good luck with your build.

Welcome aboard! Nice ride. More picture’s please!

I used to live in Alexandria Virginia, went to high school there.

Beautiful Demon!

IMG_5971.jpeg

Welcome from Misery (MO)! Nice Demon. I owned a similar slant 6 Demon a few years back. Looking forward to the build!

Photo_041709_005.jpg

Welcome aboard:canada:(long time coming lol)! Looks like a great car! Fyi the 489 very well could have came with sbp axles as the changeover year I believe was 73+.
Good luck and keep us posted! :thumbsup:
Thanks! Very true..forgot they didnt start the BBP until 73. I'm a cop wheel and dog dish guy so I'll need to convert to BBP at some point

No problem, I want to do steelies/dog dish eventually also. You can get them from Wheel Vintiques and others in 15" sbp.
Thanks! Very true..forgot they didnt start the BBP until 73. I'm a cop wheel and dog dish guy so I'll need to convert to BBP at some point

Cool.

Aren't dart and demon fenders the same?
I know they are interchangeable for most years and these seem to be pretty spot on. Will have to check. I was hoping to find a spot for the Demon emblem to attach and instead found one for "Swinger" haha

:welcome: from :canada:

I like it!

Dart and Demon fenders are the same parts. It is of course possible that your original fenders were replaced at some point in the past 50 years or so with whatever was available at the time.

-
Back