memike

Super Moderator
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
This came out of a 1963 Valiant /6 and I bet (hope) I saved my friend some time
on the plasma cutter and drill press I hope :shock:
Delivered to my door 71 danerors :hello2:
He said the compressor worked and was ran with one belt to the double water pump pulley using R 12 but I am thinking just the hardware was well worth the cost, what do you think ? :glasses7:
I am putting Vintage air in Victoria and I have herd horror stories on installing there systems on a /6 early A Bodies, so I went for it.

Attachments

• $(KGrHqJHJCoFH1jj7i1FBSEBgO4kP!~~60_57.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 568
  • $(KGrHqVHJF!FIHrwgPM,BSEBh)1Sfg~~60_57.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 571
  • $(KGrHqVHJF!FIHrwgPM,BSEBjUOIzg~~60_57.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 583
  • $(KGrHqNHJEQFIH!76(H7BSEBiLFchw~~60_57.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 561
  • $T2eC16RHJHkFFl7oU3DOBSEBi7L46Q~~60_57.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 531
That looks handy to have around when doing your conversion Mike!! Nice find!! Geof

Cool! Oops sorry for the bad pun.
That really is great. As humid as it has been for the last three months this is pretty important.
Might be better in the heater AC section instead of small block tech.

That looks handy to have around when doing your conversion Mike!! Nice find!! Geof
I hope so Geof, Thank you :thumblef: Hello Nella :hello2:

Nice find for sure! Looks like a time and money saver.
I believe you are right mopar79sean, thank you :thumblef:

Cool! Oops sorry for the bad pun.
That really is great. As humid as it has been for the last three months this is pretty important.
Might be better in the heater AC section instead of small block tech.

:eek:ops::eek:ops: I could have swore I put it in the Slant six forum :eek:ops:
Dang it :silent:, Yes, We have decided that if I had a/c I would make some fun road trips it her :thumblef:

Thanks to the great Mod's/staff here it is where it belongs now.

Thank you 6pkC :cheers: :eek:ops: and Victoria thank you also :D

Attachments

• Challenger%2520IN%2520NASCAR%2520Cup%2520race%2520017.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 476
I am getting old and would not mind A/C on my Duster or Barracuda one day....

What you trying to say Jim :D, Yes it will be a must do this fall and winter so I can set back and enjoy a/c and ride in comfort :thumblef: She deserves an a/c upgrade and yours does to, but aren't you going V8 in Cindy soon ?

I am not trying to say anything Mike...LOL But seriously I would like to have A/C I can't take the heat anymore.I guess I to am getting old.The Duster with 318 and A/C sounds pretty good right about now.

I am not trying to say anything Mike...LOL But seriously I would like to have A/C I can't take the heat anymore.I guess I to am getting old.The Duster with 318 and A/C sounds pretty good right about now.
I hear that, Yes it would be nice about know, they say we are going to get back up into the 90'es :shock: we had a good cool year so fare but who knows what mother nature is going to throw at us, we could stay in the heat all the way into November this year... I can't take the heat ether, it's hard on us ol farts :D and I sweat like a ... ah.... well lets just say I sweat :D

what ever you do dont run R12... if you can find it you probably dont want to have to charge it! for the cost 134 is the way to go, and yes i know it dosn't cool as well...

what ever you do dont run R12... if you can find it you probably dont want to have to charge it! for the cost 134 is the way to go, and yes i know it dosn't cool as well...

Defiantly going with a new compressor and 134 :thumblef: Yea that stuff is crazy high cost, but I think the new compressor will not use as much hp to run, I am not going to skimp on this update :thumblef: Thank you for the heads up
and making sure I am moving in the right direction :hello2:

You will get it all hooked up and working Mike, and yes next summer you will be driving Victoria all the time. Would also like to have air in mine. even in PA it gets really hot. The older I get the worse the heat seems to be. Howard

Defiantly going with a new compressor and 134 :thumblef: Yea that stuff is crazy high cost, but I think the new compressor will not use as much hp to run, I am not going to skimp on this update :thumblef: Thank you for the heads up
and making sure I am moving in the right direction :hello2:

thats a rotary (sanden) compressor so you'll see no difference in power loss between an R12 or R134 Sanden compressors. but a york you sure would!

You will get it all hooked up and working Mike, and yes next summer you will be driving Victoria all the time. Would also like to have air in mine. even in PA it gets really hot. The older I get the worse the heat seems to be. Howard
I sure hope so Howard, from what I have been seeing I saved a bunch on the brakets and pulley system, My friend over the hill will be happy to see these parts when he does the install I hope, time spent making these things can run into a few hours and I bet I saved us allot of work :D I hope :shock:.
He will see. :thumblef:

thats a rotary (sanden) compressor so you'll see no difference in power loss between an R12 or R134 Sanden compressors. but a york you sure would!

oh, I see, the york is the old original old compressor that was used back in the day :thumblef: I can see clearly know :cheers: Thank you.

I wonder if I can save a bunch if this compressor is indeed good ? and even if it was ran on R 12 it should be fine to run 134 in it with all the new parts that .... NO never mind !
I think I should go new and un contaminated :thumblef:

I wonder if I can save a bunch if this compressor is indeed good ? and even if it was ran on R 12 it should be fine to run 134 in it with all the new parts that .... NO never mind !
I think I should go new and un contaminated :thumblef:

R12 and R134 use a different oil that does not play well with the other, you would have to get all the old oil out for starters, i for some reason think pressures were different but yes, getting a new 134 compressor is best.

R12 and R134 use a different oil that does not play well with the other, you would have to get all the old oil out for starters, i for some reason think pressures were different but yes, getting a new 134 compressor is best.

I totally agree, plus I want the new system to be all new and not have it send contaminant's threw out my new lines, dryer,evaperator and stuff so it will not mess up my warranty.. :thumblef:

That compressor is obscene. It says "suc dis" on the back. LOL

That compressor is obscene. It says "suc dis" on the back. LOL

Dang you sure have a good sense of humor RRR. :toothy7::toothy7::toothy7:=D>

Only you could see that :D =D> Laughed out loud at that one :D

Attachments

• $(KGrHqNHJEQFIH!76(H7BSEBiLFchw~~60_57.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 457
-
Back