Look what I found today

-

Oldmanmopar

Going left turning right
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Steve and I went to a truck garage to work on a Peterbilt truck engine.

I started talking with an 70 year old man about one of the cars sitting out front . A 67 Dart GT. One thing led to another and we started talking Mopar's Now this was a huge pole building where in two bays were to tractors with sleepers..
I told him I have a Demon. He said to me, I have a Demon out back in the back half of the pole building . We walked through the man door and there sits a yellow 72 340 Demon burried. As I'm looking at it he said " Dart Attack" is over there. 68 Dart race car.

As we're walking back to where the trucks were I saw this Duster. It was sticking out of this pile. As soon as I saw the stripe on the quarter I knew the car from 1981. It was a very low 10 second W2 340 car . It was a Friends car who Died, I always wondered where it went. I peaked in at it and everything is as it was . There is a good 1/16 th inch of dust covering the interior and car. Sitting there since 1985

My son is going back up to fix the deck on the truck block. I am going with to see if we can uncover it a little.

We were getting ready to leave and I heard the rumble of an engine and what pulls out of another building "Poison Dart" 70 ,swinger race car. This place was a hoard of old Race cars . Cudas , Dusters and 68 Roadrunner. Not even 3 miles from my house.

Don't worry I am going back for more pictures with my camera.

Does anyone else remember this car ? My son snapped this with his phone

20240429_180929.jpg

How in theee HELL do guys luck into finding stuff like this??? Unbelievable!
When you have a shop known for Mopars They find you. Right down the road from this place is 2 AAR cudas in a barn since 1972. One burned interior the other a blown engine. Seafoam green and B5 blue. both 4 speeds. The one with the blown engine has its original tires and has less then 10k on the odometer.

When you have a shop known for Mopars They find you. Right down the road from this place is 2 AAR cudas in a barn since 1972. One burned interior the other a blown engine. Seafoam green and B5 blue. both 4 speeds. The one with the blown engine has its original tires and has less then 10k on the odometer.
I have a friend that also collects old race cars. Absolutely cool. They talk to people and search them out. His twin brother mainly collects 1st generation big block Corvette race cars. I can't count how many both have.

I’d love to get the chance to buy an aar one day.

These cars are STILL out there. Sometimes you just stumble across them, but they're out there.
Nice find Oldmanmopar.

Boy its really hard to see that Duster being used as a table. I am thinking of helping him get it running. I remember over 40 years ago when it was sold it had rocker geometry issues. It was going 10 flat when it was fresh and kept getting slower. This guy said soon after its purchase it ate a roller lifter. The last pass it made was 11.16 then it was parked where you see it.

How in theee HELL do guys luck into finding stuff like this??? Unbelievable!
get out and about in the car scene, socialize and the stuff will find you.. its amazing what people have or know about.. i've stumbled onto some great deals over the years just by bullshitting at a cruise night. helps to be a regular somewhere and being a bit known so they trust you.

Last edited:
Years ago I cleaned out a widow and son's garage. Just wanted it gone. They were so pissed off at the mess he left them. Food for thought!

-
Back