look what i picked up today 66 valiant

-

gasjockey101

Reaction score
my first car 66 valiant 4door 225 slant 6 in amazing shape whell my standards it is little surface rust here and there excepet for the passanger side rear quarter has some rot nothing a patch panel cant fix other then that she in nice shape new brakes and ball joints it does need a minor tune up but i can do that at school o and aventuley paint did i menshion i only paid $700

Attachments

• 0048j0a_20.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 424
  • 66 valiant 1.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 444
  • 66 valiant 2.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 437
  • 66 valiant 3.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 458
Hate to dissappoint....BUT THAT LOOKS a whole LOT like a Dodge Dart, not a plymouth valiant
im in canada up here it a valiant in the states it a dart its registerd as a valiant and it says plymouth all over it and valiant on the trunk lid

Hate to dissappoint....BUT THAT LOOKS a whole LOT like a Dodge Dart, not a plymouth valiant

someone needs to do there homework:read2: in canada there where two types of valiants, the ones that resembled the barracuda, and the one that looks like a dart. note how that one says plymouth across the hood?. The one in my profile picture is a canadian 66 plymouth valiant as well. not as nice as gasjockey101's though

It is a Valiant as sold in Canada. I think that '66 was the last year that a US type of Dart was sold in Canada with the Plymouth Valiant name on it. Like the Viper was never sold in Europe as a Dodge it was a "Chrysler Viper" as Dodge ws n't marketed much outside the US.

im in canada up here it a valiant in the states it a dart its registerd as a valiant and it says plymouth all over it and valiant on the trunk lid

well the good news is the were likley all built in Hamtramck and you can search google & ebay for dodge dart parts and they should fit........ guess I need to visit windsor more often

Nice Valiant. I had one very similar to yours - a Custom 200 '66 Valiant four door I bought in Canada and drove back to USA. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the hood does not say PLYMOUTH, but VALIANT, same for trunklid if trunk lid wasn't in primer. In fact there's nowhere on car that says PLYMOUTH. My research says Canadian Valiants did not say PLYMOUTH on them so they could be sold at either DODGE or CHRYSLER-PLYMOUTH dealers in Canada. Kind of like the 1960 Valiant in USA, which was not badged as a PLYMOUTH for the same erason. It wasn't till 1961 the Valiant became a PLYMOUTH VALIANT in USA, mainly to have Plymouth Division get the benefits of Valiant sales figures! Neat MOPAR different stuff from the Great White North - such as only in Canada were there Dodge Monaco convertibles - and slant sixes available in Monacos.

A very nice score !!!!!!!! Yep that is a Canadian Plymouth Valiant :cheers:
in great shape and at a super great price =P~=P~
Congratulations gasjockey101 :cheers:=P~

Nice Valiant. I had one very similar to yours - a Custom 200 '66 Valiant four door I bought in Canada and drove back to USA. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the hood does not say PLYMOUTH, but VALIANT, same for trunklid if trunk lid wasn't in primer. In fact there's nowhere on car that says PLYMOUTH. My research says Canadian Valiants did not say PLYMOUTH on them so they could be sold at either DODGE or CHRYSLER-PLYMOUTH dealers in Canada. Kind of like the 1960 Valiant in USA, which was not badged as a PLYMOUTH for the same erason. It wasn't till 1961 the Valiant became a PLYMOUTH VALIANT in USA, mainly to have Plymouth Division get the benefits of Valiant sales figures! Neat MOPAR different stuff from the Great White North - such as only in Canada were there Dodge Monaco convertibles - and slant sixes available in Monacos.
yes it says valiant if i sayed it hand plymouth on the hood i was wrong sorry:grin: my mistake i hadent seen the car in the past two day (now in my garage ) and couldent rember what was on the hood

in the pictures above of my car on the passange side rear corter was spray bomed blue by the last owner (a father and son )becouse they were planing on puting bondo over the small hole in the trunk to get it safted and then later down the line put metal in but the shop wouldent pass the saftey that way so they striped the bondo off it and was going to put metal in but the the son got a job in alberta and the father had to meany projects so thats how i got it here is a picture of the extent of the rot in the rear quarter/trunk

nice score man! love that body style
man you DART is really nice i love the paint coulor can i get a paint code????? i really like that blue kinda wish mine was a to door but dosent mater. same i really like this body style as whell not a big fan of the earley 60's dart/valiant

sorry your right it does say valiant across the hood, been 6 months since I seen mine, be soon time to get it back out:burnout:

so guys i found some more rot on the 66 valiant :cry: look like i need (if any one has some near winnipeg manitoba or if shiping isent to expencive) bouth quarters or hopefulley my dads buddy can make patch pannals here are some pictures

Attachments

• P4060145.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 240
  • kates grad and battary tray cleanup 012.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 235
so guys i found some more rot on the 66 valiant :cry: look like i need (if any one has some near winnipeg manitoba or if shiping isent to expencive) bouth quarters or hopefulley my dads buddy can make patch pannals here are some pictures

looks like a MOPAR.. I was so carefull but still got the rust too. The patches are easy to get. The trunk on the other hand.. :(
I cant seem to find a trunk floor.

-
Back