-
Status
Not open for further replies.

MexicanMopar

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I am looking to see if anyone has a oil filter adapter for the slant six 225. Long story short is I cut the oil filter off and damaged the adapter and it has been nearly impossible to find. If anyone knows what the replacement part would fit that would be so much help! I ordered this part and it only fits the oil filter but not the oil pump mounting. I would like to save myself from buying the whole oil pump assembly.
Mopar Replacement 53007563AB Mopar Replacement Engine Oil Filter Adapters | Summit Racing

Looks the same as one on a small block. Shouldn't be hard to come up with.
Let me check how many I have laying around.

I ordered the one with both 3/4 ends(link i provided for reference) and one fits the oil filter but the other seems like it's to big for the oil pump mounting fitting

This is a 67 slant 6
20210721_192534.jpg

And this is the fitting from a small block. Same thead on both sides.

20210721_194142.jpg

I may have one of those check valve ones, but, I'd have to do some looking through my garage and shed.

I thought the /6 had a long check valve in place of that fitting.

Initial production had just the male/male thread adapter (№ 1739 619).

In '61 a standpipe was added to the adapter (adapter/standpipe assembly № 2268 966).

In June '62 a check valve was added (adapter/check valve/stand pipe assembly № 2402 607).

For '73 the standpipe was shortened to accommodate the shorty filter Chrysler standardised on in production. This shorter standpipe/check valve/adapter assembly № 3577 848 was used through to the end of Slant-6 production.

Most all aftermarket oil pumps have come with just the adapter, no standpipe or check valve (back to № 1739 619).

The standpipe helps keep oil from draining down out the filter after shutdown. The check valve helps even more, though it does add some restriction to the flow of oil. If you can't find a standpipe, there are heavy-duty oil filters available with a built-in standpipe (not the same as the antidrainback valve, which they also all have). Wix 51806, NAPA Gold 1806, Purolator L30137, Baldwin BT216.

Seems to me there might be a market for someone to machine new low-restriction adapters with standpipes. I think Doug Dutra used to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back