Looking for a race quality non fluid dampener

-
That’s great and all but failed to answer the question I asked. I appreciate the testimony though.

You asked “Why not a Fluidamper.” It’s not why not or why. It’s a fitment issue I’m trying to clear up before purchasing. You mention certain pullies to use. I’m not sure what pullies I have pictured above.

By way of your description, you just talked me out of a a Fluidamper. So that’s why I wouldn’t run one due to the need to run special pullies, the way you worded it. I need to run old pullies w/a new style water pump. That just sounds weird to me.

Hard to see things in your second picture.
I’m not understanding what I see in the first besides a thick & thin damper.
Just an fyi the new fluidamprs have a recessed face so the stock pulleys line up, this is what I'm running.
720301.jpg

Anyone running a non fluid dampener on their race car, if so can you recommend one for my 470 should spin 7000 rpm for a short time.
To answer your question, I run an ATI super damper for internally balanced. Never had any trouble with it. Don't know if your 470 is internally or externally balanced, but ATI should have one for your application.

To answer your question, I run an ATI super damper for internally balanced. Never had any trouble with it. Don't know if your 470 is internally or externally balanced, but ATI should have one for your application.
Thanks, I did end up buying ati for my 470, internally balanced

I'm about to buy a damper for my ongoing 408 build, internally balanced. I know this is spendy, but my old *** has learned you get what you pay for. Is this good for a street/strip build?

-
Back