Looking for flex hose.

-

Crazy4408pac

N. Michigan
Reaction score
Have a 72 Swinger with a 70 B-body 8 3/4, in it. I'm looking for the flex hose that connects to the rear end lines. Have no idea as to what either are called. See below. I need one from a B-body, as As & Bs have diff fittings. (And yes, I have this on FBO, also. Any ideas where I might find these?
Thanks

autozone has them...any parts store will have them....

rear brake hose..

Can I remove the fitting from the hose, in the picture? It has the A-body block and I need to hook the hose to the block on the 8 3/4. in the pic.

so on the car picture you have a b body line and on the rear end you have an a body fitting. if your using the fitting on the rear buy a normal line for a 67-76 a body. if your gonna use a b body hose your gonna need to re bend/make the lines that are currently on it.

my listing shows the same hose across the board for A&B bodies . Just picked one up from Napa, for my scamp. It is the line and block integrated. No separate pieces.

my listing shows the same hose across the board for A&B bodies . Just picked one up from Napa, for my scamp. It is the line and block integrated. No separate pieces.

well the block in the second pic is correct for at least 69 and earlier A's. it has a threaded rubber hose and the hex other end

Fine lines sells the hoses with or without the blocks.

Rock auto,Fine lines,Napa,Advance Auto,or the Right Stuff will have the rear brake hose.

Interesting, so I checked rockauto. For 72+, they show an integral hose & distribution block at the rear. It is much more expensive than just a hose (71-). Since your 8.75" rear has the earlier block w/ threaded port, why not buy just the hose that fits it, i.e. ask for a 71 Dart or earlier. It will be cheaper and you won't have to pay for the block every time you renew the hose. However, it is a possible leak source, though they rarely leak. I am guessing the factory did that mainly to speed assembly.

Well, I screwed up. Trying to get the flex hose off the brake line, from the front, the whole thing spapped. Breaking the front to rear line at the hanger, that bolts to the frame.
So, it looks like I will need a front to back brake line. The bracket and a new flex hose.
Man! it's fun working on 40 year old rigs.

-
Back