Looking for more

-

bobtile

Reaction score
My GTX went on a bit of a diet today.
After everything was taken out and weighed, it came to 30.28 Lbs.
My math looks like this
-30.28lbs= .03 at the track, putting me at 11.33.
I will be taking out a bunch more dynamat , power brake master and booster and relocating the battery in the trunk. I myself hope to be 30 lbs lighter in the spring as well.
I'm looking for a 10 second time slip in the spring

Attachments

• diet.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 732
  • batt.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 719
  • master.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 736
Power brake booster is about 10 lbs. (pancake style is, barrel type might be slightly more).
mini starter will be 8-11 lbs lighter than an early style
I weighed OEM clutch fans, 7 blade-6.4lbs, 5 blade-4.2lbs.
I have weighed all sorts of stuff. Removing weight is a lot more difficult than people think.
Good luck with the diet.

My opinion, and yes, it is worth what you paid for it...lol. So i'll throw it in...

If you're just looking to "tickle" the 10's early next year, the modest weight loss & about 30 more hp could get you close, counting on some nice conditions early in the year. I know you mentioned a solid roller? If you do decide to go there, don't discount talking to Mike Liston @ MRL Performance. He sells a quality lifter and is one of the best at choosing cam grind's for specific applications these days..... http://www.mrlperformance.com/

With your last time slip posting, the car is running so well for the power you're making, I'd hate to see you get too far "out of that box" by doing too much too soon. I'd try and keep doing a little at a time to sneak up on it, unless you want to go whole hog drag car.

Good Luck bobtile, i'll be watching.....and always learning. :thumbrig:

100lbs. ='s a tenth. Keep at it! Fiberglass is a wonderful help as well as lexan. Have at it as much as possible.

My opinion, and yes, it is worth what you paid for it...lol. So i'll throw it in...

If you're just looking to "tickle" the 10's early next year, the modest weight loss & about 30 more hp could get you close, counting on some nice conditions early in the year. I know you mentioned a solid roller? If you do decide to go there, don't discount talking to Mike Liston @ MRL Performance. He sells a quality lifter and is one of the best at choosing cam grind's for specific applications these days..... http://www.mrlperformance.com/

With your last time slip posting, the car is running so well for the power you're making, I'd hate to see you get too far "out of that box" by doing too much too soon. I'd try and keep doing a little at a time to sneak up on it, unless you want to go whole hog drag car.

Good Luck bobtile, i'll be watching.....and always learning. :thumbrig:
Thanks for the input. Yesterday when I pulled the radio and 8-track player, I became all in. I was happy when I got it to 11.5 but you know its never enough. Ill be happy with 10's but will go as far as my wallet will allow. I also have to add a roll bar now.

100lbs. ='s a tenth. Keep at it! Fiberglass is a wonderful help as well as lexan. Have at it as much as possible.
Glass bumpers, lightweight brackets lexan side windows to start with and maybe glass fenders. All on the list. I also need to put small block torsion bars in and rear axles. My stock axles are starting to twist.

If you want some good high cfm fans and low amp draw check out www.cfrperformance.com I have one of their 12" on my 72 satellite for now will but another one but at just 7 amps it flows 2200cfm. They are here in California but good price and awesome to deal with. They have all sizes

hole saws are your friend. remove back seat, door and quarter panels and have at all the metal with the hole saws. glass hood, trunk lid, bumpers and brackets will remove a bunch of weight too.

My doors were hiding over 50 pounds each! I just made sure I had a couple donor doors to keep in case I want to put the car back together stock again. Then like you're probably doing just saving all those pieces in case the future generations want to put the car stock. I my case getting down to just running an alternator belt helped horsepower and throttle response.

30 Lbs. more coming off the car today. It ain't easy though.

Attachments

• floor.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 668
  • floor2.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 638
When you wear those out I bet you would do fine on a 235 Dr or 8 slick. So many people running more tire than they need. Just my .02

Ray
I don't think I can run a 235 DR. That is 2 inches shorter and 2 inches narrower than what I have now. I have traction issues as it is. I also have 15x10 wheels so a 235 might be pushing it there as well.

Got this in the mail today. A little more weight off.

Attachments

• strange.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 588
-
Back