Looking for opinions on Mopar M1 single plane intake

-
That's one sweet intake manifold... ( reffering to Mopar65 ,picture).
Thanks. I was trying to find the mopar M1 single plane for magnum heads, but every one I found was going for $600 or more. Not really wanting to spend that kind of money for one. I found a guy that was needing money, so I bought his Indy 360 magnum intake for $300 shipped. The intake is brand new never been bolted on a engine. I finally got lucky for once. Lol

Thanks. I was trying to find the mopar M1 single plane for magnum heads, but every one I found was going for $600 or more. Not really wanting to spend that kind of money for one. I found a guy that was needing money, so I bought his Indy 360 magnum intake for $300 shipped. The intake is brand new never been bolted on a engine. I finally got lucky for once. Lol
Wow you did get lucky. I called Hughes yesterday and they want $500 for a new one. And, they are 7 inches tall so wouldn't fit under my flat hood. Looks like I'm sticking with the M1

Fixed my M1 / Strip Dominator
I just bolted up my heavily reworked M1. Going to test it out this weekend.
11.75 compression 360
596 heads flow 270/180
252 @.050 .528 solid flat tappet cam
1.75 super comp headers
750 double pumper on an RPM Airgap
Car currently runs 6.8-6.7 in the 1/8, 10.7 @122 in the 1/4.

11.75 compression 360
596 heads flow 270/180
1.75 super comp headers

Nice running car!!!
Whats it weigh? Gears, convertor, tranny?

Is the mag M1 single plane really going for that much, I just sold one for $250.00.

11.75 compression 360
596 heads flow 270/180
1.75 super comp headers

Nice nice nice. Can't wait to see the results. Since I see your from Washington you either have Pacific Raceways, Bremerton, Spokane, Renegade, Walla Walla or PIR if you are down by Vancouver.

Nice nice nice. Can't wait to see the results. Since I see your from Washington you either have Pacific Raceways, Bremerton, Spokane, Renegade, Walla Walla or PIR if you are down by Vancouver.

Walla Walla and Renegade. WW this weekend and Renegade next Friday if all goes well. Hoping for 10.50 @ 125 in the 1/4

Walla Walla and Renegade. WW this weekend and Renegade next Friday if all goes well. Hoping for 10.50 @ 125 in the 1/4

Well hell if your going to renegade next Friday I may come watch you run. Sounds like they are doing some no prep, no time flashlight start race tonight.

Sad to say but yes they are. Looks like they went up some more. I bought my Indy 360 intake last year. Back then I saw the mopar one going for $600.
mopar m1 4bbl 5.2/5.9 magnum intake manifold | eBay

Ouch, I know I had a hard time finding an M1 duel plane when I put a mag in my old truck.
Got lucky and found a new one at a Chrysler dealership.
Took the single plane off, and I remember it sold quick.

Well hell if your going to renegade next Friday I may come watch you run. Sounds like they are doing some no prep, no time flashlight start race tonight.

I think I'll make it out that way Friday. Car ran decent at Walla Walla.
Best pass at WW before was 6.83 @ 98.
New best of 3 hits 6.74 @ 99.8 still sorting out AFR on the wide band.
Still have an 850 annular carb to try. Hoping it will improve the short times a bit over the 750.

I think I'll make it out that way Friday. Car ran decent at Walla Walla.
Best pass at WW before was 6.83 @ 98.
New best of 3 hits 6.74 @ 99.8 still sorting out AFR on the wide band.
Still have an 850 annular carb to try. Hoping it will improve the short times a bit over the 750.

Never been to WW. Is it 1/8 mile only?

11.75 compression 360
596 heads flow 270/180
1.75 super comp headers

Must have been a hurricane tailwind! :)

Runs well for sure! Good you are able to get out wheeling the car.

I just purchased an Indy single plane 360-3m for my 71 Duster with 360 magnum and realized that it is going to be too tall without cutting my hood. Cutting my hood is not an option. Has anyone ran the M1 single plane without cutting the hood?

I just purchased an Indy single plane 360-3m for my 71 Duster with 360 magnum and realized that it is going to be too tall without cutting my hood. Cutting my hood is not an option. Has anyone ran the M1 single plane without cutting the hood?

I had the M1 single plane on my 360 and it clears my stock 69 Dart hood even with a 3 inch Mopar air cleaner.
BTW, i want to sell it..... PM me if you have interest

I hope this doesn't come across as being a smart azz as it's not my intention. But on a engine that runs 11.50's I'm not going to run a big single plane intake. My stock stroke 340 on pump 93, 4.30 gears and a hydraulic cam ran 11.60 with a Weiand X-Cellerator. Not a big single plane by any means but a very good intake that gets over looked many times.
I'm gonna be running that same Hughes cam in my 408 with indy w-2 heads and 360-1 Single plane intake. 850 carb 4-10 gear. 11-1comp. I was hoping for at least mid to low 11s. Sounds promising

I'm gonna be running that same Hughes cam in my 408 with indy w-2 heads and 360-1 Single plane intake. 850 carb 4-10 gear. 11-1comp. I was hoping for at least mid to low 11s. Sounds promising

If you dont there is a problem...

View attachment 1715171316 I know a lot of guys have had great luck with the victor but my combo liked the M1 (best 11.47 @ 118 mph) over the victor 340 (best 11.68 @ 116 MPH) intake. Combo is 372 CID, 4 speed manual, 4.56 gears, all steel body, full exhaust and interior. The M1 was consistently 2/10 quicker in the 1/4 and 2 MPH faster. I never ran it unmodified as I used moroso A/B epoxy on the carb flange to better match my Holley carb but I’m not sure how much it helped. I just made the switch to a modified Weiand action plus and will take it to the track in the near future to see how it does compared to the single planes on my combo.
Did you ever get a chance to run it with the Weiand?

Did you ever get a chance to run it with the Weiand?

Haven’t made it back to the track yet. My 2 little ones both play multiple sports and consume nearly all of my time.

I’ll make sure to post the results when I do get the chance to run it.

Haven’t made it back to the track yet. My 2 little ones both play multiple sports and consume nearly all of my time.

I’ll make sure to post the results when I do get the chance to run it.
OK, just curious how it will perform as I'm running a reworked Action+ now, strong bottom end for sure but only intake ive run on my combo so anything different will be trial and error, contemplating going to an M1 single for at least a smidge more top end.

OK, it’s been over 3 years. Had a chance to run it yet? :drama:

-
Back