• use the mags for that retro look

Votes: 9 12.2%

• Total voters
-

cosgig

MoBro Inc.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Howdy all, cosgig here!! I am turning to the masses for opinions on my wheel combo for the GTX. Heres the details...

I currently have 15x7" Magnums on the car right now, but was given a set of 15x7" ET 5 spoke mags that were manufactured in 1972. To me, retro is good and I have always liked the looks of 5 spoke mags on a 67 GTX. Should be a no brainer, right?? Well, not exactly. See, these ET mags are a 2 piece design, with the center 5 spoke section made of cast aluminum and the outer rim being steel. What this has done is make the center chrome peel from the aluminum so the centers of 2 of the rims are pretty peeled. So, here are my choices...

Keep the magnums and tires just the way the car is now, which is fine but the magnums are also getting a little rusty, or..

Have the centers of the ET mag centers blasted and painted black and use them on the car. The center caps would be painted a copper color to match the interior of the car.

So, heres a couple pics of the car with the ET mags mocked up beside it in my old school photoshop method but not painted black, a pic of the car with the magnums currently on it, and one of the worst rim. I know I can have them rechromed but for now I'm not looking to spend much money on this. Sorry I cant photoshop the ET centers black, you'll have to use your imagination for now!!

As usual, any and all opinions are welcomed and accepted. Thanks all, you all are the best!! Geof

Attachments

• 017.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 465
  • 019.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 422
  • 020.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 421
Either wheel would work, but I gotta say, I LOVE the manual version of Photoshop!
Good job, brother!

Either wheel would work, but I gotta say, I LOVE the manual version of Photoshop!
Good job, brother!

Photoshop analog. LOL I haven't forgotten about your paperwork, Tom. I have tried in vein to get this printer to work, so I am replacin it.

Oh and I agree with the Magnums. Though they are incorrect, they look damn good on it.

Keep the Magnums....mmmm...luv those Magnums...and the "X" they're on!...Nice car Geof! (Psst...Wanna trade for a Dart convertible?)

I think it would look baddass with the mags, but only if they were nice and full chrome, i'm afraid if you clean up the centers and paint them black, it won't look as good, that's more for a gasser or hot rod IMO. I would love to see your GTX with Cragars and black wall tires, or even better Cragars with redlines!!! But I vote to leave it like it is unless you have tires for the other rims, then slap them on and see how she looks...after all, wheels are to cars like shoes are to women, gotta have several extra sets :glasses7:

I love the way those Cragars look on there, even if they aren't perfect. The Magnums look darn good, but those Cragars leave a lasting image on my mind. My vote (guess I am the oddball lol!) is for the Cragars!

By Cragar, I meant ET. I was only a couple letters off.

I'm not a fan of magnums , however on a 66 or 67 b body I think they just fit and look right !!
Never been a big 5 spoke cragar style fan with the exception of maybe a 57 Chevy .
With that said I think your car looks great with the magnums !!
One more vote to keep the magnums !!

magnums are original for that year gtx, I think they look good on it , the chrome really sticks out

thats a nice car,dont ruin the look with some flaking or painted center cragars...my opinion....

Can't go wrong with magnums!! I'd venture to say they're the nicest stock wheels Mopar ever had!

You guys always crack me up, and im enjoying reading all the posts!! So far it looks like the magnums have a commanding lead with the 24" spinners close behind and the ET's trailing!! I love that picture of the Colorado cruiser, ill bet they'd sell like hotcakes!!

I'm glad y'all like my old school photoshop method!! I'm not much of a computer geek and prefer to see something mocked up!! Heck, I've often mocked something like this up and stared at it for hours just to get a good look!!

Thanks for all the replies everyone, its good to hear every bodies opinions!! Geof

-
Back