Looking for Pictures of Early A (dodge and Plymouth models)..

-

66Dvert

Working on my custom car parts again!
Reaction score
pics of dash pads for early A's

I'm thinking about laying up a replacement dash pad mold for my dart and thought somebody else might be doing it. I looked all over and did find any people who could do it without it costing me more than my car cost! I've located a company that can get me the non-backing vinyl, heat activated glue and so forth so that I can think about making a dash pad.

so I am looking for some nice clear pictures of 63-66 dash pads of both dart,valiant and barracuda variety to see exactly what difference and how similar most of these early A's are.

let me know what year and trim level your car was supposed to be and if it's original

I also have a want ad in the parts wanted section for old dash pads from different years/models to make my male buck molds for the mounting structure.
THANKS

Here is a 66 Dart GT original OE

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 231
  • 007.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 218
  • 008.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 219
  • 009.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 216
  • 010.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 218
  • 011.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 234
Here is a 66 Dart GT original OE

Nice Pic's thanks. that is a nice pad clean and crisp lines. I hope I can get that type of crispness in the parts I'm trying to make.
1 question though
did your dash pad have ends or did the A-pillar cover the dash pad ends?
the ends look like this
View attachment 20151209_145215.jpg

thanks for the pic's it helps
so I'm looking for a 63,64,65 dart, 63,64,65 plymouth valiant or barracuda pics now
I was told the plymouth ones had a bit more detail on them than the darts.
thanks to all that can help

A piller covers the ends.

thanks
I'm trying to figure out just what cars and at what trim level got the dash pad ends and what ones got the A-pillar treatment.
so 66 GT hardtop and 66 GT convertibles got the a-pillar and no dash ends.

You're given a thread title. Why not use it, so people can accurately judge if they can help you?

Otherwise, they assume you're looking for something else and you waste their damn time.

thanks
I'm trying to figure out just what cars and at what trim level got the dash pad ends and what ones got the A-pillar treatment.
so 66 GT hardtop and 66 GT convertibles got the a-pillar and no dash ends.

My 65 GT convertible had the dash pad and dash ends as did a Signet convertible I parted out. I'll head down to the garage after a bit and see what's on the wagon - it does have a torn up dash pad but down remember about the end caps.

EDIT: My wagon uses the pillar covers and no dash ends

You're given a thread title. Why not use it, so people can accurately judge if they can help you?

Otherwise, they assume you're looking for something else and you waste their damn time.

WOW! I'm sorry to offend you. please accept my sincere apologies for wasting your "damned time". Since I see you have a lot of post I would have assumed that you know you can "hover" your mouse pointer over the thread title and it will expand to a bit more of the post to see if your interested with just a couple of seconds wasted And since I see a lot of members doing it I though it might be ok.

again please accept my apologies, I am not here to offend anyone. :eek:ops:

My 65 GT convertible had the dash pad and dash ends as did a Signet convertible I parted out. I'll head down to the garage after a bit and see what's on the wagon - it does have a torn up dash pad but down remember about the end caps.

EDIT: My wagon uses the pillar covers and no dash ends

thanks for the help, but now I'm totally confused(worse than normal anyway:D). but it might not make a difference in relation to the dash pad itself since they do look like the ends are the same.

Took some pics hope it helps, 65 Dart GT. No pillar ends, molded ends.

Attachments

• IMG_20151211_085808425.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_20151211_085626629.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_20151211_085610311.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_20151211_085545899.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 110
I have a dash pad from my 66 that if you want it its yours! It has the standard crack in the middle but its not terrible. I would love to see someone do a mold. I ended up buying a cover and painting it to match. Just shoot me a PM with an address and I can get a shipping cost. If you need any other pics of a 66 dash Mine is out but I hope its back in by next week. Best of luck with your project.
Rod

I have a dash pad from my 66 that if you want it its yours! It has the standard crack in the middle but its not terrible. I would love to see someone do a mold. I ended up buying a cover and painting it to match. Just shoot me a PM with an address and I can get a shipping cost. If you need any other pics of a 66 dash Mine is out but I hope its back in by next week. Best of luck with your project.
Rod

pm sent.

and Thanks.

Did your have a sharper body line like "tan" one in the top photos? and did the cap match the lines of the dash pad. or more rounded like the "red" one in the photo?

I'm testing a buck mold out to make the inner structure out of ABS instead of metal. I have already made a few parts for the wife's "exercise" machine out of dense poured for and 4 way stretch vinyl heated to form fit so I know the foam part or the process would work if I can mold a good female copy the ABS structure would fit to bond to the foam

WOW! I'm sorry to offend you. please accept my sincere apologies for wasting your "damned time". Since I see you have a lot of post I would have assumed that you know you can "hover" your mouse pointer over the thread title and it will expand to a bit more of the post to see if your interested with just a couple of seconds wasted And since I see a lot of members doing it I though it might be ok.

again please accept my apologies, I am not here to offend anyone. :eek:ops:

I did do the hover. Still not enough info in the intro and I open these threads because I'm hoping I can help someone.

Mods do request that titles be concise. I want to see you succeed and if you're explicit in your title, you'll get guys that otherwise skip your post because they don't know what you want.

Not trying to be a dick and I can see how I came across that way. My apologies.

I did do the hover. Still not enough info in the intro and I open these threads because I'm hoping I can help someone.

Mods do request that titles be concise. I want to see you succeed and if you're explicit in your title, you'll get guys that otherwise skip your post because they don't know what you want.

Not trying to be a dick and I can see how I came across that way. My apologies.

All is good.. I changed it.

here is an update on the 66 dart/valiant (or barracuda, dang memory)
66 plymouth one is Black "fancy Smancy" dash pad (I LIKE IT!)
66 dart one is brown plain jane one( this one will most likely be the one I modify for Dash pods in the center aimed at the driver (2 or 3 pods, boost,A/f exc..))
Still looking for a :
64 series dash pad dodge and plymouth variety
65 plymouth

then I can make decisions on how to mold up the units the easiest way for all the substructures

View attachment 20151212_135336.jpg

View attachment 20151212_135322.jpg

View attachment 20151212_135536.jpg

View attachment 20151212_134127.jpg

As you can see the mounting is the same on both pads, so 1 problem down.
View attachment 20151212_135352.jpg
View attachment 20151212_135436.jpg

the base mounting structure mounts the exact same way. the overall (under structure,metal) shape seems to be a little bit different but I can modify the Buck mold to do both (I think)
the out side will require (at least 2) different outer foam and vinyl molds . again doable but time consuming. if they are the same as in 63-66 dodge and 63-66 plymouth bieng the same I can dig in and give it a try. more than 2 outers and I'll have to limit the mlods till I get a LOT more room and time.

-
Back