looking for slant 6 adapter plate

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know if they even make that, why not just get the correct transmission? They made 904 and 727s both to fit the slant.

Sorry I should have been more informative, my fault. I need the adapter that Mopar used to make so I can put a jerico 5 speed in my V/SA Volare and make it V/S. There used to be an adapter plate that they made, that way I can use an SFI bellhousing for the 5 speed.

That adapter was used on early slants to allow a LA 727 trans to be used. They are somewhat scarce. Try asking over at slantsix.org.
A jerico 5 speed is allowed in stock eliminator?

I believe a guy on slantsix.org can make one for you. He had an original one and made a CNC program to duplicate it. Cant remember the name, just search or post.

Dangit...I saw one at one of the 'Flings at Woodley park last year. I think they guy wanted $30 or something for it. It was too much money for a "maybe" part...but the in this case, it might have been worth it.

Good Luck!

OldMoparsRule!

I have one available for $40 plus shipping. You should be aware that these are cast iron and weigh quite a bit. I only hace the adapter itself. there is a sheet metal cover to hide the up high slant six starter opening used with these but its long gone. Reply directly to [email protected] if interested.

Here is one if you never seen one, under the "better late than never" category.
DSC_0635_600.jpg

I was actually looking for a transmission hub adapter bushing thingy, you know T-flite patti's piece that adapts the small convertor snout to the largeer 68 crank and I came across this thread for a transmission adapter. The Google results were right on top of each other so I connected the dots and snaked the photo from one site and slapped it up here on this old thread. I got a car part memory like a steel trap, but Ill forget your name 3 minutes after I meet you....

Hyperpak - I believe that is a homemade or aftermarket aluminum adapter. the factory cast iron one looks very different. It would be nice to know who made this and if they are still making them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back