Looking for someone who can fix Wiring Harness

-

scottylack

Reaction score
My dash harness is a mess on my 65 barracuda. Anybody clean these up and restore???

My dash harness is a mess on my 65 barracuda. Anybody clean these up and restore???

If your harnes is all hacked you would do yourself good by buying a new harness. You can get one from Year One or one of the other Mopar suppliers. Pretty much a "Plug N Play" deal.

The wiring, if original is Damn near 50 years old and probably brittle as hell. Do yourself a favor and do one of the suggestions above. Sure it may cost a bit more than repairing the original, but how much will a fire from a short under the dash cost you?

thats the biggest problems with these barracuda"s like valliant just said there 50 year old wire systems are as brittle as can be and you dont know where the next crack is gonna come up at or what it will phuck up SCOTTY call PAINLESS WIRING tell them excatly what u got ive seen some nice work come from them , but i have heard some bitchn too.. from guys that put in accessories they didnt or forgot to tell painless about . you can look your wiring harness up on the net here just type in 1965 barracuda wiring diagram it will pop right up for yah if you want to pull your own its the dam clips that will drive you nutts lol come and grab my car for 650.00
and you got the harness and a whole lotta good parts yet its a steal but the wiring is still 50 years old and they barely held 35 amps then. thats my thought anyways
offer still good for you i kow its going to a gr8 home for good use if you decide too and no i am not going out in the snowdrift to dig the wires out for you lol

A section has been hacked off. Also I am running a pushbutton in a 65 barracuda is that an issue?

using the pushbutton in the 65 is not a problem as long as the linkage works with your specific trans. The 64 trans pushbuttom uses cable linkage that works with the 64 trans. IIRC, the '65 pushbutton trans used the regular type of trans(linkage wise) but used the '65 (only) pushbutton gear selecting but I cant remember if that was just an option on the B body or if it was used in the A bodies (sorry). I actually have an entire dash out of a 64 dart that I would like to get rid of ( and some other various 64 parts) but you know its a long way to NJ from here. I need to figure out this picture posting deal so I can get rid of some of this stuff. I would let it go cheap. The car ran when I parted it out and all the electrical worked on the car. Hey it's too bad I cant figure out an excuse to get back east ( got a lot of family down there in south Jersey) I'm sure its at least a bit warmer out there than out here now (bout 17 degrees). I need to get all my stuff together and figure out what I got cause I need to get rid of some stuff. I parted the 64 cause it was just too far gone. Good luck.

cool! thanks

by the way, as far as trans goes, I am having Imperial Services redo my trans shifter to work with a later model 904...should be sweet!

Try Bill & Rose Evans, in Erie Pa. http://evanswiring.com
My friend just had them re-do his underhood and dash harness on a 64 Fury.

Had nothing but trouble with Evans junk. Had bad crimps all over the engine and wiper harness I got from them. There was a thread on moparts with quite a few guys having the same issuers I had with that junk.

cool! thanks

by the way, as far as trans goes, I am having Imperial Services redo my trans shifter to work with a later model 904...should be sweet!

How long have they had it. They had a friends for a couple of years. Hopefully you have better luck with then then my buddy did.

Had nothing but trouble with Evans junk. Had bad crimps all over the engine and wiper harness I got from them. There was a thread on moparts with quite a few guys having the same issuers I had with that junk.

X2...Unfortunately, had really bad luck with the Evans harnesses purchased also. I can't recommend them ever........:thumbdow:

Also, I ran into a guy at the gas station awhile ago. Turned out he was a FABO member. He was struggling with a starting issue on his Dart & had also purchased a harness from Evans. I told him about prior issues with mine. He pulled his new Evans harness apart and found the problem........disgust

Good Luck with your wiring and tranny scottylack :cheers:

-
Back