[WANTED] Looking for Speedometer Cable for 65 Dart

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it connected at both ends? Unscrew the cable from the back of the speedo head and let it dangle beneath the dash. Go for a short ride and see if the inner cable is turning. If it is, then when back home, pull out the inner cable and check its condition. From behind the speedo head, with a short piece of cable or small screwdriver try to turn the speedo, bounce the needle. It will only work one direction. We need to confirm that it is connected, that the cable is turning and that the head is not frozen.

381-38523.jpg

381-38523....62-65 A-body Speedometer Cable - Black Vinyl Casing - 59".....$125.00...in stock and ready to ship

I have a good used original type cable if you'd rather go that direction. As mentioned, make sure the speedo head is not seized. If it is, you'll snap a new cable right away.

I have a good used original type cable if you'd rather go that direction. As mentioned, make sure the speedo head is not seized. If it is, you'll snap a new cable right away.
It's hard for me to test the cable now because the steering box is out of the car. But I'd love to get a cheaper cable. Let me know how much shipped to 92374. Thanks, Vance

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back